In praise of Brora

(14 Posts)
GrumpyOldHorsewoman Thu 15-Nov-12 12:03:30

Just wanted to share my experience of incredibly good customer service.

I ordered some things from the Brora website on Monday afternoon, around 3pm. After completing my order, I realised I hadn't entered my discount code (very important!) so called their customer services to see if it could be done retrospectively. My call was answered promptly by a really pleasant woman named Catherine - a real, live person - who only needed my name and postcode to be able to apply the discount for me, which also included free p&p and returns. My parcel of beautiful things was then delivered to me at 8am on Tuesday morning. Brilliant customer service, the like of which is a rarity. Anyone else want to hand out some e-bouquets as we approach the busy season of buying?

Caerlaverock Thu 15-Nov-12 12:05:48

I had horrific service in the shop. Cycled up so didn't look suitably huntin' shooting' fishin' the staff were unbelievable snooty and completely blanked me.

dottyaboutstripes Thu 15-Nov-12 12:16:00

I've been to the Cambridge shop and have to say the staff were lovely

PoshPaula Thu 15-Nov-12 13:34:33

I ordered some boots from Brora on Monday evening and recieved them yesterday. The service was excellent - when I telephoned to confirm a detail, they were very pleasant to deal with. I will buy from them again - with a discount code of course!

doublenougat Thu 15-Nov-12 13:48:53

I somehow managed to inadvertently included my baby's hat in my parcel of returned goods and a very nice lady called Joanna phoned and let me know she had sent it back to me. first class. literally.

dexter73 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:52:47

Brora in Oxford are very helpful and friendly. I must have sent one poor girl up and down the stairs to the stockroom about 5 times!

FeuDeRussie Thu 15-Nov-12 14:54:55

Brora in Leeds staff are amazing! Really friendly, helpful, gave loads of opinions on colours that would suit me...lovely.

RedwingWinter Thu 15-Nov-12 19:21:33

I agree. Brora in Leeds & Harrogate are so friendly and helpful, and quite happy to keep going to get things from the stockroom.

CaptainWentworth Fri 16-Nov-12 07:32:31

Is there still a Brora in Leeds? I'm there at the moment for work and was quite sad to find the Victoria Quarter shop had shut.

On the customer service front, I was also really impressed recently when I emailed them about getting some spare matching yarn to mend my Brora gloves which have developed a hole in one finger (after a lot of wear). Bearing in mind they are from winter 2009 I wasn't holding out much hope that they would still have any of the colour left, but some kind person ferreted some out for me and sent it first class post, at no cost to me. Was amazed!

FeuDeRussie Fri 16-Nov-12 09:02:09

Oh I think the Leeds branch must have shut, just checked their website. I haven't been to it for ages but assumed it was still there. Still one in Harrogate though smile

soda1234 Fri 16-Nov-12 10:27:07

Grumpy, would you mind sharing your code, I have seen some boots I love!

RedwingWinter Fri 16-Nov-12 18:30:54

Oh yeah I forgot they were closing the Leeds one ... sad. Harrogate is still there though.

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Mon 19-Nov-12 14:04:35

Hi Soda - in my office atm, but will post the code when I get home (which is soon, hopefully!)

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Mon 19-Nov-12 14:05:47

Sorry! Just realised I had it in my emails on my phone - the code is XMAS12

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now