Another perfume thread, needs recs

(11 Posts)
AmazingDisgrace Fri 16-Nov-12 14:12:28

Ah thanks DonaAna, I will do that, I'm going into London in a couple of weeks so will have a good scout about. Would Selfridges be likely to stock those? I'll certainly try No19 again, I loved the smell in the bottle just not on me!

DonaAna Fri 16-Nov-12 08:31:08

If at all possible, Amazing, try to try the perfumes on before asking for a full bottle (by going to a good department store or by ordering samples from Les Senteurs or Surrender to Chance). Everyone likes slightly different things and only after having worn them a few times will you know whether you like them.

Oh and No 19 (like everything else) has been reformulated, I think there was a major reformulation a few years ago. It might not smell the same any more (unless you specifically look for a vintage bottle).

AmazingDisgrace Fri 16-Nov-12 00:19:07

NJust looking at the descriptions on Fragantica on all of those (barring Chanel No 19 which I did try in the 80s but smells like cats pee on me sadly) I am very tempted by Yerbamate- the bottle is gorgeous too and the Feminite du Bois. I might task my husband with one of those for Christmas.

I have an Amazon voucher and the lure of Rochas Femme is calling me since it is cheap there

AmazingDisgrace Thu 15-Nov-12 10:05:56

Sniffing even

AmazingDisgrace Thu 15-Nov-12 10:05:43

Thanks all, I need to go get snuffing!

Eliza22 Thu 15-Nov-12 08:36:41

Chanel ALLURE SPORT COLOGNE ( men's cologne). Gorgeous for ladies.

DonaAna Thu 15-Nov-12 06:28:38

Oh and because of your nic you should try Amazingreen by Comme des Garcons!

DonaAna Thu 15-Nov-12 06:27:05

Greens: Chanel No. 19, Silences by Jacomo, Pentachord Verdant by Tauer, Yerbamate by Villoresi, Absinthe by Nasomatto.

If you like Femme, seek out other radiant Roudnitskas, for example Eau Sauvage by Dior or Le Parfum de Therese by Frederic Malle.

You might also really like Feminite du Bois by Serge Lutens.

EllenParsons Thu 15-Nov-12 01:10:39

Balenciaga l'essence if you like fresh greens. Just discovered this and it's gorgeous!

AmazingDisgrace Wed 14-Nov-12 23:47:13

I also like Neroli by Laura Mercier( forgot until I saw the wedding perfume thread) Think its discontinued now

AmazingDisgrace Wed 14-Nov-12 23:43:32

OK, I really like fresh 'green' perfumes (Cristalle, Ma Griffe, Givenchy III) but also in Winter have in the past loved Rochas Femme and Coco. I've worn Roger et Gallet Citron and Alvarez Gomez agua de colonia all summer and feel like a change now its colder.Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now