What does one wear to a smart-casual dinner dance?

(5 Posts)
dottyaboutstripes Wed 14-Nov-12 20:21:56

This is the kind of thing my DH's works do is like. Last year I got a dress from Wallis, I reckon they are worth a look and it looks like nothing would break the bank.

SmoothOperandus Wed 14-Nov-12 19:52:39

Please ladies help me and also, what shoes? Do they have to be black with a black dress?

SmoothOperandus Wed 14-Nov-12 18:21:22

Thank you mollymole. I've seen the ones you mean. I couldn't pull them off I'm afraid. There's just not enough dress there. Way way way too short and skimpy for me. Happy to spend the whole £50 on the dress itself but definitely need something more substantial. Skater shape will suit me I think but the skirt definitely needs to reach the knees and the top needs to have sleeves. Please help me!

mollymole Wed 14-Nov-12 15:49:48

There are some lacy , long sleeved dresses in tesco for around £18. They are lined on the body and a slightly A line shape. You could possibly get both tights and shoes to go with them from Tesco within your budget. Also, the double vouchers are available on clothing.

SmoothOperandus Wed 14-Nov-12 15:19:23

This is happening Saturday the 8th of dec and I have no idea what I should wear. I don't like glamming myself up at all. I like wearing something that's classy and flattering. I'm 40, short, not too bad a figure but currently almost a stone overweight, definitely want to cover knees and arms. Budget, not much more than £50 as I don't go out much plus I'll also need to buy the shoes. I'd rather wear something plain. Gawd, I sound like a laugh a minute don't I???? Will you help me please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now