Today I am wearing DH's aftershave

(18 Posts)
lc200 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:07

This morning I didn't fancy putting on any of my perfumes, so decided to wear some of dh's Chanel Allure (for men obv). I really, really like it on me! I don't even think it smells particularly masculine - it seems to on dh, but doesn't now I am wearning it. I am now pondering how to get away with nicking it without him noticing.

I was a big fan of CK One back in the day, and I've worn Cool Water in the past, but didn't like that one as much; it smelt more obviously aftershave-y. Are there any other boy-scent thieves out there?

MoomieAndFreddie Wed 14-Nov-12 14:42:31

yeah I nick DH's hugo boss blush

for daytime, it seems to just turn into a really nice, fresh fragrance on my skin

frazzlerock Wed 14-Nov-12 14:45:15

I wear Comme de Garcons 2 now and again. It's heavenly!

ISingSoprano Wed 14-Nov-12 15:52:12

Yes Me! Dh has a Molton Brown aftershave which I love on me grin

DonaAna Wed 14-Nov-12 16:10:53

I often wear perfumes marketed for men.

Some good ones to steal from the boys: Eau Sauvage, Dior; Antaeus and Egoiste, Chanel; Yatagan by Caron. I also love vintage Paco Rabanne pour Homme and Azzaro pour Homme. They are very manly, but I love them.

Some of my female friends really love Fahrenheit by Dior and Dior Homme.

If you like woody, mossy or citrusy scents or anything with lavender, men's department has a much better selection than women's.

Me. I wore dp's Gucci at the weekend - and I am forever nipping into Selfridges to steal a squirt of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, which is as masculine as they get and utterly gorgeous.

kiwigirl42 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:31:53

I love Obsession for men - don't like the female version though.

jessiegeesusinamanger Wed 14-Nov-12 19:48:12

Me too. I've worn aftershave for 25 years!!!! It's one called Roma by Laura Biagiotti. I've had so many compliments over the years too and when I try something different I always end up coming back to it again. It's hard to get hold of (usually I get it in duty free on my way back from hols). I can't imagine what it would be like on a man though. It smells very feminine imo. There are very few women's perfumes I like or that suit me.

echt Thu 15-Nov-12 06:09:16

I've worn Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel for years. <the scent, not the trousers>

CarpeJugulum France Thu 15-Nov-12 06:44:09

Woman's perfume seems to go "off" on my skin, so I have worn Cool Water in the past and had a lot of compliments. Use the Woman version now and get the same though.

Eying up a few scents for Christmas though! grin

Davidoffs cool water for men is lushgrin, i nick it of dh blush

Eliza22 Thu 15-Nov-12 08:29:26

I too wear the Chanel Allure Sport Cologne. I bought it first (for me) and now, DH wears it and replaces it, when it runs out. It's a classic IMO.

I wear the Caron lavender one and the Miller Harris Tabac which is unisex but is very masculine on dh.

I like woody, deep scents. And if I want it a tiny bit less masculine then you can always spray a touch of a floral on top - single note ones are good like Rose.

buttercrumble Thu 15-Nov-12 13:00:12

I prefer mens aftershave, anything by Tom Ford smells devine. i love woody smelling fragrances......

auldspinster Thu 15-Nov-12 17:37:43

I have eau sauvage by dior, mouchour de monsieur (sp?)by Guerlain and man's Be Delicious by Donna Karan

RyanGoslingRocks Thu 15-Nov-12 19:00:34

Yep I wear dh's Dolce & Gabbana, it's the male version of the red woman's D&G, in a dark blue velvet box. It's light and fresh, loads of people have asked me what I'm wearing when I put it on, I love it

duvetheaven Thu 15-Nov-12 23:23:21

Another vote for Grey Flannel

ElectricMonk Fri 16-Nov-12 00:19:08

I like Ferrari Black in winter - on me it smells like warm ginger cake :D.

The rest of the time I wear Lush Karma, which is a pretty unisex scent IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now