i look like i'm participating in movember, this is not good

(13 Posts)
fooolofbeans Thu 15-Nov-12 23:53:16

thanks kaumana, amazon have promised my threading tool will arrive tomorrow, so i'll stick with that, give it a go, and if no success or my pain threshold is too low i will have a bash at laser removal, what else were visa cards invented for than the flippant quest for a smooth face smile

CandyLoo Thu 15-Nov-12 15:02:52

I have laser hair removal on my cheeks, upper lip, chin and jaw.
My hair wasn't that noticeable (I'm told) but it was a problem for me.
I started treatments March 2011 and have probably had 10 treatments in total (spaced out obviously), last session was a week ago.
Really pleased with the results. No more dark hairs on my chin that I had to tweeze every day, upper lip completely clear. Jawline only issue, but is getting lots better.
Costs £100 a time, so expensive but so worth it IMO.

kaumana Thu 15-Nov-12 10:59:16

Amazon 1.95 free delivery Same as the above but cheaper.

Dollydowser Thu 15-Nov-12 09:26:33

Don't get excited, I've been having electrolysis for years, bloody hairs still grow back. I think I have a ready supply of hormones feeding the buggers.

fooolofbeans Wed 14-Nov-12 21:59:36

holy moly! 15 years mirry that's ay-may-zing!!!

well i've ordered the springy doofer, so will give that a bash and if not will deffo give the electrolysis a go

paying to have more hair on my face would not please me shock so thanks for the heads up on that one meringue !

mirry2 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:12:28

I had electrolysis on my upper lip about 15 years ago - on the side of my mouth so not much hair removal needed. I had a bout 3 appontments each lasting about 15 minutes and it cost about £15 a time, so not expensive - the hair is only just beginning to reappear - so I would definitely recommend it. It was quite painful though and the beautician only did a small patch at a time.

Dancealot Wed 14-Nov-12 21:04:51

Yes fooolofbeans- thats exactly the one I have! I've had it so long I couldn't remember what it was called! It's very good at getting very fine hairs and I reckon it wouldn't be too painful on cheeks. When I do my upper lip it does make my eyes water!

Meringue33 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:42:58

No easy answers here but a friend of mine got laser treatment for this and it made her grow a beard! She said your face is full of hormones and trying to remove the hair can stimulate it!!

fooolofbeans Wed 14-Nov-12 20:34:32

oo thanks dancealot, i'm quite happy waxing my 'tache, but that springy thing looks like it might do the job on my lamp chops smile
do you think this product on the uk amazon site looks similar?
www.amazon.co.uk/EpicareTM-Facial-Remover-Threading-Authentic/dp/B00116VG0K/ref=pd_sim_sbs_d_2

Dancealot Wed 14-Nov-12 15:04:49

I either use Nair hair removal cream on my upper lip or a spring epilator, which is the same action as threading but you get to inflict the pain yourself! You twist the spring at the ends as you run it over your face and the hairs are pulled out- and yes it does hurt! Something like this:

www.amazon.com/R-E-M-Spring-Facial-Hair-Remover/dp/B001FXUTUM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1/179-0605503-4581914

Neither of these methods gave me bumps. Sorry I've never tried threading in a salon so can't comment on that specifically.

fooolofbeans Tue 13-Nov-12 21:49:27

thanks zarahe, for some unknown reason i'd always thought electrolysis was really old school and not done anymore (and super expensive) but just looked at a local salon and it looks pretty reasonable

i totally hear what you're saying about the cheek hair not being too noticeable but i'm being to be a bit obsessed by it and its all i can see (am fully aware i'm being irrational!)

i am tempted by the lure of a hair free face offered by a full face thread, but worried it might be a bit too smooth

hmm....ponders.....

zarahe Tue 13-Nov-12 20:50:12

Have you thought of electrolysis? It is painful but effective. After many years of different hair removal of upper lip hair (mainly waxing) I tried it and well after a while it went. I wasn't keen on laser and had a friend who tried electrolysis for prominent hair and I thought I would give it a go. Cheek hair...I try not to look too closely - remember that other people actually don't notice it unless they also have similar facial hair. If you can bear it try leaving it alone for a month or so and then the hair is somehow tamer (well that's what happens for me).

fooolofbeans Tue 13-Nov-12 20:34:37

hi all!

i'm quite facially hairy!! i have a 'prominent' moustache which i tackle weekly with wax strips, a few chin hairs and a pube producing mole which i attack with the tweezers, these things are manageable, but....

i also have very hairy cheeks which i dont really know how to deal with, waxing leaves my skin HORRIBLY bumpy for about a week, bleaching makes me look a bit weird, i'm considering other options,

has anyone had their cheeks threaded?? my instincts tell me i'd end up with the same bumps i got from waxing

as we're approaching christmas i'm considering asking for one of them IPL home laser doofers...has anyone tried one on facial hair?

i'm a bit scared of the shaving first part, but if someone tells me it works i'll happily jump on the bandwagon with my razor at the ready,

any thoughts greatly appreciated,

yours,

bearded in brighton xox

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now