I want to try IPL. Anyone had it before?

(16 Posts)
JudeFawley Fri 16-Nov-12 01:26:05

I have the Rio machine.

I have only used it on my legs so far. I am pale skin with dark hair which I gather is the best combo for ipl.

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 15:19:49

I had a test patch done about 2 months ago - only a couple of hairs have grown back so far, so it seems to work for me. I now think I pretty much HAVe to do it, as I'm looking a bit erm, lopsided at present.

scripsi Thu 15-Nov-12 15:15:36

another one who would like to know what Jude's machine is ...

CandyLoo Thu 15-Nov-12 15:05:36

Hi, just read this tread after posting in Style and Beauty, the thread about Movember?
For what it's worth, worked wonders on my chin, cheeks, upper lip and jaw.
Still having treatments.

ouchmyfanjo Thu 15-Nov-12 13:46:10

Hi jude.can i ask what sort you have and whether you have had success anywhere other than legs? I am thinking of getting one but could do with it all over, including
face!

JudeFawley Wed 14-Nov-12 21:04:14

I have got my own IPL machine.

Best money I ever spent.

I use it about 4x a year and have hair free legs. Bloody brilliant.

jessiegeesusinamanger Wed 14-Nov-12 19:58:30

I had face/chin done about 15 years ago and it worked brilliantly. Took many treatments though as I had a real problem. I've been hair free until the last 2 years and presume menopause hormones have triggered things off again and I could do with more treatment. All though I've got some hair around my chin/top lip/neck again it is absolutely nothing like it was before though. It made a life-changing difference for me.

gracelesslady Tue 13-Nov-12 22:38:49

I had my bikini line done a few years ago - 8 sessions and it made not a jot of difference. I have pale skin and darkish hair so should have been ok (I think it doesn't work on pale hair? Might be wrong?) so was about £300 totally wasted. Have been thinking about electrolysis instead (though no idea if it hurts/is expensive/time consuming etc..)

janmoomoo Tue 13-Nov-12 20:06:46

I had bikini line done. I didnt find it that painful but my therapist was bonkers (in a good way) and I just used to chat to her all the way through! It did thin and lighten the hair and it is much more managable - shave about once every two months and no itching on regrowth - but it didnt get rid of it completely.

Yika Tue 13-Nov-12 19:23:18

I'm in the process of ipl'ing my hairy legs. I'm very satisfied so far! Had five sessions and they've told me I'll need 8 to 10. No real discomfort and results are already good.

Tressy Tue 13-Nov-12 19:18:31

I've wasted loads of money on this for thread veins. It hasn't worked on me.

Yes, I was considering for upper lip and underarms. Not so sure now!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 13-Nov-12 18:44:42

Is it for hair? I had it around 5 years ago.
It worked for the time I had it.
The nurse that did mine did say that it would come back through hormonal changes, pregnancy etc.

It did. I paid a lot for it at the time and my chin looks worse than ever now. It's prickly. My top lip is the same as it was previously.
Very annoying.

Ambi Tue 13-Nov-12 18:41:53

Hurts like hell briefly, but brilliant. Used it on face fuzz, I can recommend a great therapist near Manchester who charges by time rather than area so is much better value than others. Had it done 2 yrs ago and not plucked since.

freerangeeggs Tue 13-Nov-12 18:37:43

I literally had laser treatment on a few thread veins an hour ago. I don't know if that's what you're thinking of, but I came here to tell people how delighted I am with the result. It already looks a million times better - it's amazing!

Flippin agony though (for about five minutes)

Would you recommend? How do you find a good therapist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now