What to buy in the US

(17 Posts)
50shadesofpoo Thu 15-Nov-12 16:31:55

Go here:
www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58

You can get extra discount vouchers from the website if you join their mailing list. There's a better one in Palm Springs, worth hiring a car for and spending the day (can drive through the joshua tree). Most of my wardrobe is from here.

Also Sephora for Perfekt foundation, Smashbox, and Philosophy (and most other brands) all much cheaper. Look for their sampler sets and gift sets which are really good value.

and if you want perfume, look for these - you get a voucher inside for a full size of one of the perfumes, it can work out cheaper than buying just the bottle by itself
www.sephora.com/fragrance-sampler-for-her-P376778?skuId=1457456#

Join their points scheme to get extra samples and if you put down your birthday as the date you're there you'll get a present as well.

Old Navy is good for children's clothes and basics, same as gap but much cheaper.

Honestly, just take an empty suitcase. It's a shopping paradise

EldonAve Thu 15-Nov-12 14:19:53

I've not bought any lululemon yet so can't comment sorry

Jaeme Tue 13-Nov-12 13:18:42

For workwear try Ann Taylor / Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic.

Pufflemum Tue 13-Nov-12 12:10:28

EldonAve I just checked out the Lululemon site, stuff looks interesting, what would you recommend? I run and do pump, attack and circuits at the gym. Thanks

Pufflemum Tue 13-Nov-12 12:03:19

Oh lots of excellent ideas, I now have a list! Thank you everyone. Blizy see you there grin

Bonsoir Tue 13-Nov-12 11:55:38

J Brand jeans

Stevie77 Tue 13-Nov-12 11:54:09

Keep an eye out for the DKNY cozy cardigan (the one you can wear in many ways). It's about £200 here and I've seen it at a DKNY outlet store for $79!

EldonAve Tue 13-Nov-12 11:09:48

expensive jeans - 7 for all mankind, hudson etc
tory burch shoes
lululemon for workout gear

wordfactory Tue 13-Nov-12 09:57:41

Abercrombie, ralph lauren, micheal kors, dkny - all great value.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Tue 13-Nov-12 08:58:49

Ooh marking my place. Work wear - any tips?

blizy Tue 13-Nov-12 07:43:40

Ohh fantastic, I was going to start a similar thread. Op I'm off to Vegas on Saturdaygrin.

Chopstheduck Tue 13-Nov-12 07:41:58

if you are into brands like abercrombie, they are much cheaper there too.

Chopstheduck Tue 13-Nov-12 07:41:12

banana republic, I love Tommy hilfiger for school run type coats. I also got a gorgeous cable knit jumper dress from there earlier this year.

I love coach for handbags and purses, and they are so much cheaper in america.

I got tons of DKNY one time too, casual tops and bits to wear over summer at ridiculous prices.

For kids I like the children's place and nautica.

GingerPCatt Tue 13-Nov-12 07:31:58

If you are shopping for kids clothes, Carter's is great for cute durable stuff. I love their boys clothes (I only have DS) so much cuter then you can get in the uk. If there isn't an outlet store, target carries them.

reindeerjumper Tue 13-Nov-12 07:24:30

Clinique
Converse

jen127 Mon 12-Nov-12 19:07:25

Jeans - If you can get to a Marshalls I got Paige jeans for $70 and they are gorgeous!
Also make up - I bought the bare essentuals range out there and bobby brown !
Also Love banana republic and J crew.
Definitely new runners and workout kit! There are fantastic outlets in vegas.
Handbags- I usually come home with 3 or 4 ! Guess and coach would be my favourites!

Pufflemum Mon 12-Nov-12 16:31:34

Hello, I am off to the US ( Vegas) in a week and have been saving my clothes budget for months to allow for a mammoth shopping trip. I haven't been to the states for years since having the DC, so am out of touch. What should I buy? Am thinking new UGGs, workout gear but what else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now