Can you help me find DD a lovely knitted cardigan?

(13 Posts)
CheddarOnToast Wed 14-Nov-12 19:48:49

I do really like the Boden yellow fairisle one, just not sure if it would go with anything she has. (Also she has lots of Boden stuff as their trousers are a good fit on her, don't want her looking like a page from the catalogue). Still I suppose wearing co-ordinated colours when you are 5 is overrated grin.

I looked at the Bonton one, and nearly fainted at the price - 80 euro!

I saw one that looked fairly promising in Benetton this afternoon, but was rushing to pick up DD so couldn't investigate properly.

Thank you for all the suggestions grin

Bonsoir Wed 14-Nov-12 18:39:25

The ultimate little girl cardigan, in the Bonsoir family's opinion: BonTon

daisydoodoo Wed 14-Nov-12 18:37:12

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Girls-1H-14yrs-Knitwear/31610/Girls-1H-14yrs-Fair-Isle-Cardigan.htmlWe have these in both colours

We also have a nice burgundy longer length belted one from matalan.

BikeRunSki Wed 14-Nov-12 18:00:52

Boden have sent me their Christmas catalogue and it is full of the kind of thing you are after.

Bearandcub Mon 12-Nov-12 07:34:46

Have you looked in the Charity Shops? There are often hand- knitted items in our local ones.

BikeRunSki Mon 12-Nov-12 07:34:04

Search 'hand knitted cardigan' on eBay. Lots of home knitters sell on there. Or ask in a haberdashers, the one near me has a lady who knits up patterns for the cost of the wool + £15.

CheddarOnToast Mon 12-Nov-12 07:30:30

Thank you. The Brora one is absolutely gorgeous, but when I said I don't mind paying a bit, I meant more in the £30 area, rather than £70! grin

I like the Gap one, but I think DD would complain it was grey.

The Vertbaudet and John Lewis ones are both the right sort of thing, I think. Thank you!

charlottery Sun 11-Nov-12 22:23:08
BieneMaja Sun 11-Nov-12 21:39:14

Something like this ?

How about this There are a few 30% off vouchers floating about at the moment too....

shock at the price of that Brora cardi! Could you try posting on arts and crafts as there are lots of fantastic knitters on there who might do a commission and it would personal just to dd?

I would offer, but I only do things with straight edges grin

dexter73 Sun 11-Nov-12 11:59:10

Lovely cardy at Brora.

CheddarOnToast Sun 11-Nov-12 11:54:22

DD turns 5 in December, for her birthday she has requested a "knitted jumper". I think she means something chunky, so you can see the stitches.

I've had a look, but nothing leaps out at me. A cardigan would be more practical than a jumper because DD wears glasses, so taking things off over her head involves removing glasses and then usually sitting on them Ideally something without tiny, piddly little buttons, something with nice easy buttons.

I like the fairisle stuff at Next and there are some quite nice things on the Boden website, but I'm not too sure about the colours. (DD doesn't like grey, beige or navy, I don't like mustard)

I love these but not big enough, I want age 5-6.

Can anyone suggest anything? Don't mind paying a bit, as it is a present, but I want something DD (and I) will love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now