Mr boden you are annoying me!

(21 Posts)
ChablisLover Thu 15-Nov-12 20:59:31

I didn't get a free returns label with using the 20% off but they did email me a free collect plus returns label with grovelling email.

Johnnie seems to be ignoring the majority of his customers but I noticed a Facebook post saying he would increases mini b sizing and reduce cost of johnnie b so it wouldn't be such a jump - will wait & see

slalomsuki Thu 15-Nov-12 19:08:41

I agree with the comments here. DD has to wear 9-10 to get the length even though she is 4 years younger and DS who is average height has to go up a size if I buy for him. He hates Boden now but likes the chino trousers at the moment. They are great length wise but could hold two of him waist wise.

uggmum Thu 15-Nov-12 18:20:18

Mr B listened. He has now decided to offer some mini Boden item in bigger sizes.
It's on Facebook.

I'm annoyed about the sizing too. Dd3 is 5.5. I've just bought her Christmas dress and having read the reviews I got age 7/8 - and yes it will be just long enough. Stopping at 10 means anybody with a tallish child will run out of 'mini' options at 8/9. Thanks a bunch.
Also Johnnie B IS more expensive.

Phaedra11 Sat 10-Nov-12 16:15:38

I am also a Boden fan and have not had any problems with their service.

I still think it a tad mean to withdraw the £5 credit, though. No she wasn't legally entitled to it, as she was with the free delivery but the neglect in sending the returns form meant that she was inconvenienced and had to spend time emailing and phoning. The credit would have been a nice goodwill gesture and make it more likely that Nutella would order again.

However, I suppose they have to weigh that against the possibility that Nutella might post about it on MN and that thousands of MNetters would ring claiming extra postage and five pound credit notes wink

tutu100 Sat 10-Nov-12 15:30:45

Oh no, the only reason I still bought bits for ds1 from Boden was because it was the only place I could find trousers that were a good fit for him, but met his exacting requirements (elasticated waist), he is 7 but already wears boden age 10 trousers so next year I would have been ordering the age 11 for him.

Uggmum, I only bought the trousers when I had a code, and even then I baulked at the price abit, but after having to return lots of other trousers to other stores, I decided that it probably worked out cheaper and saved a lot of time to just buy the trousers from Boden. But no way will I be buying him trousers from the Johnny B range when they are £8 more than a size a year smaller from the mini boden range.

Johnny you have made a big mistake.

Meggles76 Sat 10-Nov-12 15:21:41

I am a Boden fan. Although I have bought less over the last couple of years due to finances being tighter. Also DD is now 8 and feels too grown up for Boden.

OP, as you say, we make a choice about where we shop. If you don't like the faff of returns then maybe shop in stores.

Also, I hardly think it mean to take the £5 credit back. You complained to them you weren't happy with that!! They then refunded postage as requested. Why would you still be entitled to the credit.

There are plenty of offers around that include free delivery and returns and I have never had a problem with returns labels not being there.

BrianGiggs Sat 10-Nov-12 15:12:39

oh i have that d gown
mines fine - I adore

EdwardtheEagle Sat 10-Nov-12 15:11:23

Boden is bollocks!! I have a cashmere-ish wrap dressing gown that looks like a rag after one handwash.

Phaedra11 Sat 10-Nov-12 15:10:32

I'm very pleased to hear that they've agreed to do what was they had been contracted to do all along but yes, withdrawing the credit seems a little mean and unnecessary.

BrianGiggs Sat 10-Nov-12 15:07:39

* coughs *

there are OTHER shops you know.

Nutella43 Sat 10-Nov-12 14:58:21

Hi Phaedra, yes the offer included free delivery and returns. They have now agreed to refund my postage costs, but rather meanly removed the £5.00 credit.

Phaedra11 Sat 10-Nov-12 14:51:24

Having older boys, I'm pleased that you can now get Jonny B pyjamas for ages up to sixteen.

Nutella, did the offer definitely include free returns? They did one recently for 20% off with free postage which didn't include free returns. If you were definitely entititled to free returns, I would keep emailing them to tell them so. A £5 voucher is no good if you've been put off from buying from them again.

uggmum Sat 10-Nov-12 13:36:51

I'm glad I'm not a lonely voice!

I think they forget to put in the free return labels on purpose.

gymboywalton Sat 10-Nov-12 13:30:55

wow-mega x post!!!

gymboywalton Sat 10-Nov-12 13:30:25

i agree
the mini boden stuff is great small boys clothing

my nine year old needs the age 11 stuff for the length

there is no way i will buy him johnnie b stuff-it's for older kids-that was the whole point of it-it was meant to be for teenagers

i also have a 12 year old-i can't buy johnnie b stuff for him because even the biggest stuff is too small
they don't cater for tall kids

and yes to the pricing issue-ridiculous

wearingpurple Sat 10-Nov-12 13:29:45

Yes, as the mother of a tall 9 year old, I'm annoyed by this as well.

I didn't realise mini boden stops at 10. That is very disapointing as ds was only 7 a couple of weeks ago but is tall and already wearing age 10 in Boden trousers.

poppyboo Sat 10-Nov-12 13:18:58

I also dread to think how many trees Boden are cutting down with the amount of catalogues they post out each season, several times a season. I would order so much more if there were free returns, but they only appear to do that occasionally now. I don't want to pay to have to return stuff! You used to be able to take it to a Collect point all year around where it could be returned for free but they seem to have stopped that now. It seems such a shame and puts me off shopping with Boden all year around.

Nutella43 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:18:17

Me too! I received an order the other day that I wanted to return (it seems that everything I order from them these days goes straight back!) and they had not included the free returns label that I was entitled to. So I had to pay £2.95 to return it. I complained via email (I tried phoning, but after 10 minutes of listening to Johnnie telling me how awfully sorry he was I gave up) They have now said they will not reimburse my postage costs but will credit my account by £5.00. How is that fair????

uggmum Sat 10-Nov-12 12:07:27

I have received the spring preview. Once again they have new sizes. Therefore, mini boden finish at 10 and johnny B starts at 8-16.

I appreciate that some of the mini stuff is more for younger children but the boys stuff seems to be suitable for a higher age range. I buy the sweatpants for my ds at £16. As mini boden now finishes at 10 I wil have to buy the johnny B ones which start at £24.

I feel this is just a con to make us pay more for clothing for children over 10 . (disclaimer, I know it's my choice to shop here or elsewhere etc etc and I've posted in style not aibi)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now