M N Vogue vol 3

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Thu 18-Oct-12 22:09:57

A continuation of style chat for anyone wanting to talk fashion, new purchases etc.....

Hope you find your way back to us Dona!

libertychick Thu 24-Jan-13 21:23:37

Dona everyone needs a wipe clean white bag in their life grin

Oh Dona I love those Boy bags. I saw someone with a purple velvet version the other day. Man, it was lush. Probably a bit to preppy for me though. Because obviously that is the only issue, having received a tax bill today that is pretty much exactly the amount required. Sigh.

MarshaBrady Thu 24-Jan-13 21:32:07

Ah Liberty sounds tough, they are great boots.

Hadn't heard of these bags, but googled. I like them a lot.

DonaAna Thu 24-Jan-13 21:48:14

Yep Boy would be so right for you Amber. I love the sweet balance of tough and preppy.

Leghila bags (colorful neoprene versions of the Birkin etc) are quite the thing here - am not quite sure whether the neoprene Boy was theirs. But may go back to check wink

Liberty what a tough day. I went to a similar funeral last year - a school friend of mine, exactly my age, advanced cancer.

MarshaBrady Thu 24-Jan-13 21:52:05

Had to send the Karl skinnies and Aubin&Wills jumper back.

There's got to be something I can get in the sales!

shopafrolic Thu 24-Jan-13 21:55:08

Sorry to hear that Liberty have had first hand experience of losing someone to young to cancer. Good friend (with 2 kids) to breast cancer at 35 and ex boyfriend who had Hodgkins. So important to live for today.

I too saw the boots, I am seriously having to stop spending though, everything seems such a bargain though - its very hard!
DS 2nd birthday this weekend so I've been cake baking and building presents today. In laws due tomorrow. DH had a major job scare yesterday, his industry is very volatile, fingers crossed safe for now but very unsteady. Another reason to reign in my spending.
That said I really really NEED a cross body bag. Not Chanel!

libertychick Thu 24-Jan-13 21:59:11

Our DC's are very close in age Shop DD was 2 at the beginning of January! It's a lovely age - she's becoming such a little character smile

Enjoy the birthday celebrations, my cake for DD was a disaster grin. Didn't seem to bother her!

shopafrolic Thu 24-Jan-13 22:03:39

Good to hear as my cake looks like one of the rejects from the bins of the Great British Bake Off! I am never going to be a domestic goddess. Agreed, such a fab age. He takes such delight in saying new words he's learnt it's wonderful.

DonaAna Thu 24-Jan-13 22:10:01

Marsha sending you good sales karma... And yes wise not to spend, hope your DH will be safe.

I have the inverse problem. Too much work. Am being pushed into projects I am not so keen on - to be completed in July/Aug this year and next year when I'd really prefer some quality time on the beach. There is also the possibility to be really audacious and walk away. I work a lot, but hate being pushed around. Plus children grow so fast - how many sweet summers are there going to be left if I miss these two?

Short-sleeved mink cocoon coats on sale near us here. Fashion oxymoron grin

DonaAna Thu 24-Jan-13 22:15:04

Shop I've been baking tonight too, for Dd's school - was seething over lost vacation prospects, mentally stabbing voodoo dolls, and put in only half the flour needed - had to scoop the oversweet gunk out of the muffin cases and redo the batch. At 10 pm. And they look sad. <sigh>

DonaAna Thu 24-Jan-13 22:17:03

Am mixing up Marsha and Shop. Sorry - no wonder my muffins are a mess... <need to lie down>

shopafrolic Thu 24-Jan-13 22:20:35

wine for Dona

MarshaBrady Fri 25-Jan-13 10:28:13

Aww Dona and the sad muffins. Hope they are ok. I prefer cooking to baking. Too precise and someone has taken my scales.

I have people saying wait we'll need you for work, don't go anywhere. Well I don't need to be kept on call, just sign me up when you're ready. I can't put nursery on call, hold that spot but I won't pay. And I should really get back into my own work. I just need to do one project then I'm set really.

Shop hope all is ok now with your dh and you feel you can relax. A cross body bag? For some reason AH on the outnet and Marc Jacobs is floating around in my mind.

shopafrolic Fri 25-Jan-13 14:46:36

Panic over for now with DH job, they are keeping him on and not demoting him which was their initial plan after a recent compan merger. He's off to the States on Sunday for a big company kick off so a week for me alone with DS.
I bought a huge blue number 2 helium balloon for DS today - he is loving it so perhaps he won't notice the cake tomorrow!
I saw the AH on the Outnet - had debates in my head about colour..... Guess it would be the red. Will look now a Marc Jacobs. Thanks x

MarshaBrady Fri 25-Jan-13 20:30:55

Great news Shop and happy birthday to your little ds!

I am in knitwear mode so have order this Skaist-Taylor mohair striped sweater. I will have discounted knitwear this sale! grin

I have a mini Gracie and a little cross body Marc Jacobs. Oh and a Mulberry Antony. All v handy, I do like a hands free situation sometimes.

shopafrolic Fri 25-Jan-13 20:52:24

Have ordered a red Mini Gracie but am not sure..... Wanted to get the order in before the stock ran out (green sold out already) and I thought it might look good with the red MiH (if they fit). DHL missed delivery today so I won't know if they fit till Monday now. I couldn't spot any Marc Jacobs on Outnet. Will have to see.....
Also was considering one of these but worried about hard leather
www.zatchels.com/classic-orange-leather-saddle-bag.html
But let's face it, it would be cheaper.....

DonaAna Fri 25-Jan-13 20:57:24

I'm sure everyone has been waiting with bated breath the next episode of the muffin drama wink Damage control: I stuck on a lot of those pink patisserie roses. As long as there are enough colorants and other additives, children will eat anything...

Shop whew what a relief. Good luck with single parenting, hope all goes well...

I have both the Mini Gracie and a small MJ bag and haven't worn either in months, perhaps close to six months. Worth thinking whether the color/ size/ style is right for your lifestyle. The bags are not bad per se, just slightly too small and perhaps a bit too - not sure what? Both also have yellow gold HW which I hate. Work out what works for you. I hate big hobos but need a crossbody that's big enough for my iPhone, wallet, coin purse, lipstick and a paperback.

Working like crazy, no breaks, but really enjoyed wearing my goes-with-everything blue Missoni scarf with the new coral Filippa K long sweater, MiH Oslos and my old oldmeal suede sheepskin boots. Bright spring colors just feel so lively and fun after dreary and stodgy winter darks.

MarshaBrady Fri 25-Jan-13 21:00:00

Hmm just noticed its 50% mohair. Usually check before hand, rushed to buy as keep missing things as they sell out.

Worth a try Shop. Love small bags.

I think Dona is a big fan of a Zatchel...

shopafrolic Fri 25-Jan-13 21:03:20

So are you still using your satchel Dona? I am worried about the size of the mini Gracie.....

DonaAna Fri 25-Jan-13 21:05:30

I have a satchel Zatchel and actually love the indestructible hard leather.
Frankly, too many of my handbags are made of more sensitive leather than... say, my face. The Zatchel is fine in a downpour.

Those soft, buttery leathers need to be handled with gloves (the lambskin 2.55 actually comes with gloves, and your nails can scratch it) or need to be waterproofed and fussed about and you need to worry about color transfer, rain clouds on the horizon and a myriad of other boring things.

But if you like the Mini Gracie, it looks and feels pretty weather-resistant - I haven't needed to protect mine in any way.

DonaAna Fri 25-Jan-13 21:10:42

The green Zatchel is my go-to during awful weather. It goes better with my summer clothes (hypersaturated sherbet hues) than my winter clothes (sober navy, olive green deep red, neutrals) but I still like it and can't wait to pair it with watermelon and sky blue.

But yes, small bags are great.

MarshaBrady Fri 25-Jan-13 21:11:59

Is a 50% mohair: 50% polyamide jumper going to feel awful?

I fear it will.

libertychick Fri 25-Jan-13 21:20:59

Shop I looked at a gorgeous pink mini gracie in Matches last week and thought it was very small - wouldn't take my essentials - wallet, purse, notebook, book and keys. I bought this radley bag before Christmas and I love it - perfect size, nice plain style, the leather is lovely and soft. I have used it almost every day.

Good save on the muffins Dona and sympathy with the work - it's a complete pain how companies so often just heap the work on efficient people. I left my job and have gone freelance as I just got so fed up with the amount that was expected of me - I find it's easier to control as freelance although the downside is less security - amplified in my case as DH is SAHD.

I can't bear mohair Marsha!!! Hope it's ok, you need to find a keeper soon smile.

This thread is not accepting new messages.