M N Vogue vol 3

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Thu 18-Oct-12 22:09:57

A continuation of style chat for anyone wanting to talk fashion, new purchases etc.....

Hope you find your way back to us Dona!

Annianni Wed 09-Jan-13 14:08:07

Thanks Amber i'm going to try a bigger size this evening just incase (even though I think/hope they'll be too big)

I then need to decide on the prune, taupe or both.

Thanks for the link Dona, I did used to wear nice jeans pre-dc's. I feel a bit depressed now afrer reading that blog.

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 14:35:19

Don't feel bad Anni - everyone's shape and curves are different! I'd just encourage you to try different things (if you can, take a friend along) - premium denim ofter goes the extra mile for you (they really understand the visual tricks). You can find most of the same features in budget brands too, if you know what you are looking for.

I accidentally picked a lot of mom jeans post-preg, somehow wanting to hide in my clothes and also thinking that I need to look like someone's mother now. But then I realized that oversized and droopy jeans were making my bad bits worse and remembered how fabulous very curvy Caribbean and Brazilian women looked in their skin-tight body flaunting looks. When I read those blog posts, I realized why I do like some of my favorite jeans (a legline that works for me, optical illusions created by bleach or dye, great pocket placement/adornment, whiskering) and why I felt drab in others that fit perfectly (lack of the factors above and pockets too big).

Yes good jeans make all the difference. I love my Goldsign virtuals. I wish they would hurry up and make the damn things in some new colours!!!

Annianni Wed 09-Jan-13 14:51:05

I've just put some make up on, after reading about all your lovely products, instead of just wearing mascara.

I've decided to go to selfridges tonight and try some jeans on.
If they don't fit i'll come home and cry, name change and never post in here again it might stop me eating biscuits either way.

Which brands should I try?
I'm 5ft 7 and curvy, so I suit narrow straight styles instead of skinny.

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 15:12:33

Anni 5 ft 7 - 32" (or 34" that will need some tailoring - 33" ideal on me) leg length.
And definitely come back here even if nothing fits!!! (It's the manufacturers' fault if they don't get their sizing right - not yours!). Many premium jean brands have launched curvy fit lines - this is old but might give some ideas. Does anyone have updated suggestions?

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 15:17:05

Ignore the previous link, this looks much better.

Annianni Wed 09-Jan-13 15:58:19

Thanks Dona my plan is, to find a brand or style that fits, then scour the sales online.

I can sew, so leg length isn't an issue for me.

I can't really spend £££ on a single pair at the moment, we've recently moved and have a house previously owned by a couple in their 90's... So as you can imagine, we have some rather interesting wallpaper and carpets at the moment grin

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 16:02:15

Anni I almost never spend €€€ on premium denim. Once you know what you need, plenty of online resources where you can find big discounts, plus sales on right now.

shopafrolic Wed 09-Jan-13 16:12:13

Anni everyone on this thread seems to know the best place to buy premium brands at lower prices. Try lots on and then come back here for advice. Lots of brands J Brand, 7 for all mankind etc are in the sales at the moment. I'm 5ft 9', 32 waist and a 33 leg. Size 14. I wear a lot of 7s. They seem to fit me well but there are lots of brands on here that haven't yet tried so I'll be interested to hear how you get on......

Anni I recommend Donna Ida for some great bargains at the moment. I thought 7s when I heard your description of yourself (always miles to long for a shorty like me, that is why I love my Goldsigns 27in leg!)

MarshaBrady Wed 09-Jan-13 16:56:53

Prices are nuts now aren't they, saw some for £300 the other day. So yes to buying in the sales definitely. Or grabbing when on the outnet.

MarshaBrady Wed 09-Jan-13 17:02:37

Oh yes go for it at Selfridges Anni!

I'd say those with a mid rise waist rather than low. Only because I can't bear low anymore.

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 18:38:54

Ouch, do we really have to wear these soon?

MarshaBrady Wed 09-Jan-13 19:17:12

Ha!

shopafrolic Wed 09-Jan-13 19:24:51

Topples

Yes, I think Pheobe's been at the gin

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 19:40:53

I love the furry heels (they would be perfect for my working-from-home uniform actually), but the librarian orthopedic shoe on steroids????
Well, maybe it's a grower grin

I want these

Annianni Wed 09-Jan-13 20:32:35

They fit me.... <yipee>

Still at the trafford centre, waiting for dsd to finish raiding top shop.

Will report back later grin

shopafrolic Wed 09-Jan-13 21:19:20

Which ones Anni? Good news!

I got a new dress today it is my 90s revival dress, also this from Aubin & Wills - I do like a sweatshirt.

shopafrolic Wed 09-Jan-13 21:54:51

Bargain A&W purchase Amber. I love my sweatshirt from there...
m.pinterest.com/pin/122230577358448853/

Ooh you've got the same watch as me shop. I love your AW12 board, everything tones so nicely!

This thread is not accepting new messages.