M N Vogue vol 3

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Thu 18-Oct-12 22:09:57

A continuation of style chat for anyone wanting to talk fashion, new purchases etc.....

Hope you find your way back to us Dona!

MarshaBrady Thu 27-Dec-12 22:20:51

How lovely to see you all on here! Merry Christmas from Aus.

I have passed into the holiday woolliness mode. Beach, seafood and zero fashion. Well except what I brought with me, there are no shops just one supermarket. Christmas was good, and quite intense. In a good way (pg announcements, that type of thing).

Ok links, great. See if they work.

MarshaBrady Thu 27-Dec-12 22:39:54

Dona love the DvF so glad it made it.

Emo gorgeous lace dress will look fantastic.

Amber love the Sandro and McQueen skirt and bravo on the rocco!

Big wave to Decam and libertychick great to see you.

Lots of people here (although much movement to different places) and we all have a turn cooking. I felt the pressure but did Julia Child's trusty coq au vin and went well. I got off lightly with only a small number.

Will see if anything in sales when I get back. Or maybe segue straight to SS.

DonaAna Fri 28-Dec-12 10:36:20

Ooh snap Decam! Am wearing the new DvF right now and can really see why you ordered both colorways. The uplifting red color actually inspired me to put on red lipstick with retro eyeliner - loving how this dress is making me feel. Which Anya did you get?

Marsha I'd almost recommend going straight to SS unless you find something absolutely compelling in the sales when you are back.

I've been looking at incoming clothes and it seems that knee-length A-line skirts are back (good!) and cigarette trousers are staying (but red is the color to get). Also really want to find high street copies of some Dior SS13 looks... Blue jeans seem dead at the moment, which is great - forces one to experiment. Lots of bright patterned clothes - skirts, trousers, dresses. Marc Jacobs patterns for the resort collection are absolutely delectable and I might treat myself to something.

Santastic Fri 28-Dec-12 15:49:54

Please don't let this thread die. Am only a lurker but am missing A & W hugely and would be sad if this went too sad

shopafrolic Fri 28-Dec-12 16:07:40

Goodness me - I just logged back in after a while away and we nearly lost the thread!!?? I know I'm not an original A&W poster but I've felt very welcome and would be most upset if this had ended!
I bought these boots in the sale
pinterest.com/pin/122230577358401237/
they arrived today but are very odd, too short in the leg and and not as chunky as I'd hoped so will have to send them back. I think I should have bought my original preference:
pinterest.com/pin/122230577358037932/
but I got drawn by the better discount! That will teach me!

I'm also awaiting a parcel from NaP (my first ever!) - mainly basics but I'll post any winners.

We've had a wonderful Christmas with DS being thoroughly spilt by all the grandparents. We are now overrun with cars and diggers and Thomas the Tank Engine.
DH is off in his tweeds today on one of two Christmas shoots so I have been catching up with my family who are over from the Netherlands.
I hope you've all had a peaceful and happy time. Please don't go! x

Oh and I meant to mention pre Christmas a successful trip to the Burberry make up counter at Harrods. Their primer and foundation are amazing and they have a stunning matte red lipstick. I was very impressed.

shopafrolic Fri 28-Dec-12 16:21:11

Can anyone tell me about sizing on American Vintage t-shirts? If I'm a 12/14 should I go M or L? Thanks!

shopafrolic Fri 28-Dec-12 16:44:50

Also for Weekend Maxmara - M or L? Just looking at getting some basic tops from Matches in the sale.......

I wear lots of AV and find it varies shop. I am 8/10 and sometimes wear small, sometimes medium. Depends on style if it's a looser fit Jacksonville style try M, if it's a clinger one like Massachusetts go L.

Weekend MaxMara I would say M.

shopafrolic Fri 28-Dec-12 17:34:09

Thanks Amber

MarshaBrady Fri 28-Dec-12 20:35:14

Shop great to see you. Your Christmas sounds lovely.

I have such a slow connection here it wouldn't let me see the boots. But can you go for the ones you love after sending the others back?

Dona yes I think SS could be better unless something is really good.

Oh and I love this little ray of sunshine style/fashion thread would miss you all if it stopped, glad it hasn't!

Resort collections are a great idea. Must be fun to design thinking of holidays.

Decameron Fri 28-Dec-12 20:58:08

Marsha, hope you are having a great time!

Shopafrolic, I would say Medium in Maxmara too. Is your DS a toddler now? My 4yo had a blast but the 18 month old liked her new toothbrush best of all. I have been meaning to try Burberry makeup for a while.

Dona, I ordered this bag. They tried to deliver this morning but we have just returned. If you like the colour of the dress, you might like this this coat I bought. Or is it too bright for Italy?

DonaAna Fri 28-Dec-12 21:37:49

Well done Decam with the bag, it was sold out very quickly! Let's hope you'll find a great pair of boots soon.

I really like the coat and am seriously considering it as that red is really flattering on me. (Just wore my lipstick red trench today. The red Dvf is a classic shape so I would definitely find use for it in the future even if the weather stays mild - 15 C today.) Is the color the same as that of the wool wrap dress or darker?

I've been playing with the cocoon shape earlier this fall - lightweight Marni coatdress - and am intrigued. Am also in love with this coat - would buy it but it has a cobalt blue back, bah, too wild for me unfortunately <wimp> If anyone sees a bright red cocoon coat somewhere, please let me know.

Winter coats are tricky for me. I've scanned every single one on NAP, Yoox and Matches [roll] Navy is so dull (tired of my peacoat) and I don't love it with black. Cobalt would be lovely but where? I have two good long black wool coats for wearing over dresses to parties but want something more fashionable. Green is difficult to source (but I had a fantastic emerald green one in my 20s and my down jacket is olive green). Camels and beiges tend to wash me out, winter white would work but is unrealistic. Oh, well, charcoal too (am about to bin a charcoal wool swing coat after 12 years of service).
<coat-a-holic>

Oh and I lost a post earlier today - iPad battery died a millisecond before I pressed send sad

shopafrolic Sat 29-Dec-12 08:18:13

Decam DS is nearly 2. His favourite 'present' has been an empty milk bottle which he has had tight hold of for 4 days now. The cars are currently redundant!
Marsha I am tempted to order the other boots but Hudson don't do free returns. I think I'll wait until my NaP and Matches orders arrive - see what I'm going to keep and then decide from there.
Another day's shooting for DH today. I am a pheasant widow.....

Bonsoir Sat 29-Dec-12 09:52:49

Decameron - I love that Anya bag! Have you received it now?

On winter coats - I have various black/blue/olive/fur combinations and find it really hard to go beyond those colours. I tend to accessorise them with bright scarves/fur collars/gloves/sexy boots. I am very fussy about the cut of my winter coats - I don't do "classic" cuts as I find the combination of classic colour and classic cut just too dull.

Decameron Sat 29-Dec-12 19:49:11

Dona, it is a little bit darker but not much. It is a really lovely colour. The shape of that Roksanda Illinic coat is beautiful.

Shopafrolic, aw, he sounds sweet. Hope you get the boots.

Bonsoir, not yet, the next available redelivery date is Thursday. Lots of people must be sales shopping!

DonaAna Mon 31-Dec-12 09:48:43

Wearing my red merino DvF today. One of the most perfect dresses I own. Very happy that I bought one.

One of the buttons of my new Goat Library cardigan fell off yesterday. It was one of the decorative (non-weight bearing) ones, so really poor quality control on their part! I would accept this from a piece of tat from Zara, but at rrp GBP 220 and with boasts of "understated luxury" and "crafted from the best materials" (in this case, 20% nylon wink) on their website, you'd think there might be an extra 50p in the sewing budget...

What are you stylish ladies going to wear on New Year's Eve?

MarshaBrady Mon 31-Dec-12 13:18:10

Love your AH bag Decam.

How annoying Dona, although great that you love the DvF.

Family New Year's Eve here. Now midnight in Aus. I didn't dress up as just dinner outside. But Happy New Year!

shopafrolic Mon 31-Dec-12 13:44:40

Happy New Year Marsha
I picked up two Missoni scarves at TK Maxx today now down to £19 and £20 each so feeling very pleased I waited.
We're having a quiet night in tonight as babysitters were ridiculously expensive so no fancy outfits here I'm afraid. Happy New Year to all x

Emo76 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:02:57

Considering a Goat Pandora dress - any thoughts? Think it might be a bit short but love the colours.

Still waiting for my Anya sale delivery of bedecked Ebury (the navy glitter one) ...50:50 on whether it is a keeper. Gucci flats going back to NAP - they are a bit too big, not perfect.

Happy new year all.

libertychick Tue 01-Jan-13 21:03:41

Emo the pandora is reduced on this link - How tall are you? I imagine the dress is knee length on 5ft 5/6 incher?

Happy New Year all - good work on the scarves Shop - I haven't been able to brave TK Maxx yet - my local one looks like complete chaos ATM.

DonaAna Tue 01-Jan-13 21:17:51

Emo I've had my eye on the Pandora for a while and am seriously considering it - I love the bright red and the clean shape.

Well done Shop - Missoni scarves are a good classic wardrobe staple and what a bargain!

Emo76 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:50:15

thanks Liberty - bit worried it will be a bit short on me as am about 5ft 8 and want it for work. I like the lola too. Pondering a try!

yes Dona I agree that red is lovely.

Emo76 Wed 02-Jan-13 10:10:47

have ordered Lola in Marigold discount too good not to try!

DonaAna Wed 02-Jan-13 10:11:41

Emo the model wearing the Pandora in the Matches pic is 5'9" and on her it's knee lenght/ just above. Would work for me, am 5'8. Check the pics!

Wearing winey Filippa K mohair sweater, black A line mini skirt and opaques. Love my tall black boots.

This thread is not accepting new messages.