Non-leather boots - would you buy???

(22 Posts)
RachelHRD Sat 20-Oct-12 21:03:37

After much deliberation I took them back today and have ordered these which I think will be more practical as warm winter boots and are only £25 more.

Hope they fit!!!

permaquandry Wed 17-Oct-12 18:00:47

Hmmm. I have a pair of £170 leather uggs and a ££ pair of black leather diesel ankle boots. Both look rubbish everytime I wear and need constant cleaning. They are lovely boots tho they drive me crackers cos I feel a scruff in them. I may just stick to wellies in future...

I have both leather & non- leather boots. The non-leather last longer and I would buy non-leather again because of that. I have a pair of non-leather military style knee boots from DP, they were £40 about 6 years ago, I didn't mind getting them muddy or wet, they never leaked but I do tend to have cold feet so no problems with sweat.

Had a pair of £40 leather Fly Mols, couldn't wear them if there was a bit of dew, never mind rain, without getting soggy feet - the zip broke on one of them. They were never a good boot.

colditz Wed 17-Oct-12 09:02:14

Your feet would be cold and clammy

no I dont do pleather shoes or bags. I have similar boots from nine west they are very comfy and I can walk miles in them.

madamecake Wed 17-Oct-12 08:48:52

I don't mind pleather, but find it wears and scuffs very quickly. But at that price you could probably afford to replace them more often.

Meggles76 Wed 17-Oct-12 07:49:07

No, pleather is not my thing for shoes or bags. I would rather have fewer quality items.

wonkylegs Wed 17-Oct-12 07:28:04

I've got 2 pairs of synthetic boots bought only for the reason that they fitted (I find getting ones that do extremely difficult; small weird shaped feet and big calves) were comfortable and looked good. They still tick all three boxes. I don't find them a problem re. sweaty feet and they have worn well. Last years have had the heel replaced and this years (flat) ones are wearing well.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 17-Oct-12 07:17:04

I don't do pleather. I try and buy good brands in the sale instead

squoosh Wed 17-Oct-12 00:36:38

I really don't like pleather shoes. Any time I have tried them the toe has badly scuffed in double quick time. Spend a bit extra and buy leather.

RachelHRD Tue 16-Oct-12 23:36:33

Ooh thanks all think I will be keeping them smile

shrimponastick Tue 16-Oct-12 22:57:34

They look good. If they don't hold up as expected you wil be able to take them back.

I bought a pair of ankle boots in pleather from M&S last winter. I have worn them a lot, and they were really comfy. Still look pristine. I didn't deliberately choose them because they were synthetic, but because they fitted well.

I bought some about 3 years ago from M&S (don't wear them loads but they are comfortable and keep my feet dry) I had to put an insole in because I've got freakily narrow feet.
My feet don't sweat in them, thankfully.

I don't use leather bags (Kipling canvassy material).

Can't remember how much, about £35-£39 IIRC. Mid calf sort-of-cowboy style.

Olivermoliver Tue 16-Oct-12 22:51:45

I have the boots in black, they are really comfortable and are great to throw on and not worry about what happens to them, just a quick clean with a damp cloth and then a shoe shine pad and good as new.

Have done a lot of walking and trips to the park in them and wearing fine so far.

I'd keep them!

justasecond Tue 16-Oct-12 21:46:42

I don't do pleather shoes or bags for that matter. I just think they can't be very comfortable as leather softens with wear.I know leather is a lot more expensive but I would rather wait for the sales and buy something good quality for less. Leather also lasts longer

Ungratefulchild Tue 16-Oct-12 21:45:58

I've just bought two pairs of non leather boots in an effort to be a better vegetarian. They've not arrived yet so I can't comment on how well they'll last but they do look great and were cheap.

www.soletraderoutlet.co.uk/Rocket-Dog-Sheldon-Boots/pid-SHELDNMS

and www.amazon.co.uk/Rocket-Dog-Brands-International-Satire/dp/B005468H5A/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_2

RachelHRD Tue 16-Oct-12 21:44:36

Funnily enough it wasn't how they'd wear that I was concerned about - more about whether they would let my feet breathe well enough as they are synthetic! Have just read the reviews and all pretty positive.

nipersvest Tue 16-Oct-12 21:39:39

have just gone through this debate for dd. she's heavy footed so we've stuck to leather for her, but i have some non leather ankle boots which i love. they're by blowfish. the body of the boot is fine and is wearing well.

pictish Tue 16-Oct-12 21:32:21

No I have never bought non leather boots or shoes - apart from canvas. I do a lot of walking and can't afford to replace footwear every two months.

PoppyScarer Tue 16-Oct-12 21:30:32

I have tried them on in Mink and liked them, but decided to persist with my battered ones from last year (Boden, I adore them) until they fall apart.

I have to walk a lot of miles each week and I wasn't convinced non-leather would cope.

I think they are a bargain.

If the quality doesn't hold up then you can always return them to M&S.

RachelHRD Tue 16-Oct-12 21:25:22

I bought these today in Mink from M&S. They look great on, are comfortable and easy to get on and off as the straps are elasticated - the only thing I'm not sure about is that they aren't leather and I haven't bought non-leather shoes/boots for years.

Should I keep them? I want something easy to chuck on and comfortable for the school run. I have other smarter leather boots for smart wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now