Poor Johnny, he just can't win

(33 Posts)
JuliaFlyte Mon 15-Oct-12 13:32:26

Having had to listen to complaints from us for years about mumsy styles and fun prints, Johnny really upped his game this season I think, there are lots of things I would be happy to wear and I haven't said that about Boden ever for a long time.

But it seems there is a backlash grin

If Helena was modelling a throng and cutaway bra I could understand the "she's too sultry and sexy" POV but she in a freakin patterned knee length skirt and cardi FFS.

FreddyStaratemyhampster Mon 15-Oct-12 16:44:57

I didn't even know it was Helena C- so it was all wasted on me.

She's just an okay-looking woman in a Boden outfit.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 15-Oct-12 16:47:24

I wish I was as ok looking as Helena sad

shineonucrazydiamond Mon 15-Oct-12 17:10:12

Yes, like her and like the stuff more now.

I have a few bits and pieces < nothing spotty though! > and their jeans are fantastic. I'm short at 5 ft 3 and a bit and quite slim and they always fit perfectly.

minipie Mon 15-Oct-12 17:22:39

<hijack>

shine I am also 5'3 and quite slim (or will be hopefully when no longer pregnant). which are the ones that fit you? also, I have a slim waist but ample bottom and thighs - how generous are the jeans on the thighs/bottom? thanks!

shineonucrazydiamond Mon 15-Oct-12 17:47:51

They are not generous on the bottom and thighs particularly! I wear the bootcut ones from Boden < usually skinny or slim fit /straight leg everywhere else > and they are just a great fit. There is not much stretch in them so the fit is the same in the evening as it is when you first put them on - which is good as i hate hauling up my jeans all day!

I'm a size 8/10 and wear a 10 in Boden. I don't have a big bottom or thighs but I do have a fat tummy and they manage to go over that ok!

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Oct-12 17:48:52

Slinky shiney - you should look at the johnnie b stuff too - they're jeans are good.

minipie Mon 15-Oct-12 20:06:23

Ah sounds like you're a different shape to me shiny! I have never had to haul up jeans, my bum keeps them well in place grin thanks for the info!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now