Have you tried different BB Creams? Can it also cover dark circles under the eyes?

(41 Posts)
Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 12-Oct-12 13:53:36

I have checked amazon and it looks as Garnier Nutri Miracle is the most rated BB cream. I am going to Boots tomorrow and would love to buy either concealer or a good BB cream. What would you suggest? Thank you!

otchayaniye Sun 14-Oct-12 10:52:49

Hi, yes, the gold one is for drier skin, so I go for that one

Korean bb creams aren't really like tinted moisturisers, more like primer/light foundations.

noddyholder Sun 14-Oct-12 10:54:01

Boots time delay one is like a facelift! Def not like tinted moisuriser

Lovefruitsandvegs Sun 14-Oct-12 11:00:26

cynister, I have found this link about BB creams from vogue www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2012/06/29/10-best-uk-bb-creams---beauty-benefit-balms-with-spf

I understand that this is just a foundation but which blends with your natural colour.

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 14-Oct-12 11:44:56

I agree, the European ones ARE like tinted moisturisers. The Korean ones are different. More coverage, higher SPF sunscreens, and some will help mask open pores or fine lines.

chipstick10 Sun 14-Oct-12 17:52:42

The best BB cream bar none is Bobbi Brown. It is simply gorge

rozdoylesnaughtydrawer Sun 14-Oct-12 18:09:04

http://www.stuffiputonmyself.com/2012/09/bb-creams-theyre-ok.html

just deleted stupid post with proper links etc so not bothering now, out of pique. This is a US beauty blog I am obsessed with, very good explanation of BB creams esp if you are wondering what the difference is between those and tinted moisturiser and foundation etc.

rozdoylesnaughtydrawer Sun 14-Oct-12 18:09:36
DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Mon 15-Oct-12 02:58:51

oooh i think i have to find a good bb cream now... and avoid the tinted moisturiser ones

cynister Mon 15-Oct-12 04:41:07

rozdoyle and fruitsandveg..thank you both so much for your links! I am off to Amazon to hunt around...

cynister Mon 15-Oct-12 04:55:19

Ok..just ordered one of the Korean ones from Amazon...can't wait to try it..

Lovefruitsandvegs Mon 15-Oct-12 10:56:16

Cynister, let us know when it arrives!

Checking the blog now smile

Turquoiseblue Mon 15-Oct-12 12:08:09

I recently posted looking for a new foundation moving from a tinted moisturiser. I have the bobbi brown one - have to say I m impressed with coverage and staying power but the colour is a little orange for me (light) so have a new sample of the lightest colour - seems much better smile am going to purchase the full tube. Have to say found bobbi brown assistants very helpful- walked away feelig that my skin is lovely (got a few compliments from them about it <flutters lashes> sucker for compliment me grin
(as opposed to the girls on the other make up counters from where I walk away with a list of things I now should need to make me look better - and a mental list of my skin flaws that they comment on!)

cynister Mon 15-Oct-12 21:55:18

Oh, I will Fruitsandveg! It might take a bit, as it is coming direct from Korea..also love the stuff I put on myself blog..

vixcyn Thu 01-Nov-12 00:23:21

Resurrecting this thread to say that I received my order of BB Magic Cream from Etude House ...I love it! Just the right amount of coverage, blends right into my skin. My teenage daughter is also using it, so will be ordering second tube soon.

Lovefruitsandvegs Wed 07-Nov-12 13:34:09

Thanks vixcyn. May I ask you why it is so effective? Does it work better than the regular foundation or concealer?

claire87john Mon 17-Jun-13 09:21:52

o, it will not correct eye dark circles.

If you have allergies, then you may developed dark circles. Treatment: antihistamine.
If you have sun damage, then the skin under your eyes gets pigmented. Treatment: hydroxy acids, retinoid/retinol, hydroquinone, and sunscreen.
If you have wrinkles under your eyes, then they can create the appearance of dark circles. Treatment: hydroxy acids, retinoid/retinol, sunscreen.
If you have bruising under the eye, then you may developed dark circles. Treatment: Vitamin K cream "may" work.
If your facial bone structure casts a shadow onto your under eye, then it can create the appearance of dark circles. Treatment: none topically or orally. You may consider plastic surgery.
If you have fat atrophy under the eye, then it can create a hallow and appearance of dark circle. Treatment: derma filler/fat transplant/ plastic surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now