Have you tried different BB Creams? Can it also cover dark circles under the eyes?

(41 Posts)
Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 12-Oct-12 13:53:36

I have checked amazon and it looks as Garnier Nutri Miracle is the most rated BB cream. I am going to Boots tomorrow and would love to buy either concealer or a good BB cream. What would you suggest? Thank you!

wonderingwally Fri 12-Oct-12 14:05:13

My garnier BB doesn't really cover dark circles TBH. I use collection 2000's rip off of touche eclat, about £4 from supermarket blush

I like Garniers BB cream but as wondering said, it doesn't cover dark circles. I used this: www.superdrug.com/face/garnier-caffeine-anti-dark-circles-eye-roll-on-medium-15ml/invt/204789/ it's excellent.

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 12-Oct-12 14:17:49

I really hate my dark circles. I always look tired. May be I should buy just a separate under eye cream for this problem. I have heard Bobby Brown's is very good.

cardoon Fri 12-Oct-12 14:21:07

I'm with wally.........smile

Eliza22 Fri 12-Oct-12 14:24:38

Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer. Outranks Bobbi Brown, mac and Clinique IMO.

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 12-Oct-12 14:33:58

Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer? I used to love their products. Is that really good?

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 12-Oct-12 14:40:18

I think I remember reading somewhere that Estee Lauder bought Bobby Brown. They must have products of a similar quality although I do not like Bobby Browns metal or any other shiny eye shadows.

herbaceous Fri 12-Oct-12 14:40:44

I use the dried up bits round the lid of my Garnier BB cream as concealer for my circles. Works a treat!

battherat Fri 12-Oct-12 14:56:35

I use eborian. Not cheap but lasts forever and really does the trick.

Iatemyskinnyperson Fri 12-Oct-12 21:32:25

New maybelline Fit Me concealer is v good, and not at all expensive. My skin is dryish, this one doesn't sit in my fine lines.

I've loads of BB creams! Estée Lauder one is pretty good, but I would reccomend ordering one from Korea on eBay! The real Korean ones are better than our European versions. My favs are by Skin 79 or Étude House. There are some good sellers on eBay- bellogirl, cosmetic love IIRC

EllieorOllie Fri 12-Oct-12 21:57:42

Boots stock Dr Jaart, which is supposedly Korean. I use the lightest one (in texture terms) which is about 18 quid but there are other ones with more coverage which are slightly more expensive. I love it but I do still have to use separate concealer, and on a bad day I combine it with foundation blended into my t zone for extra coverage.

I use Estee Lauder double wear concealer as well.

EllieorOllie Fri 12-Oct-12 21:59:51

Btw the Garnier one is like marmite. Well, not literally obviously, that would be weird, but it definitely divides opinion. I would try before you buy.

For years I wore thicker foundations (double wear by Lauder) etc .. Bad skin as a youth. I tried a sample of the Garnier BB cream and thought it was great; consistency and coverage. So on that basis, I rate it!

Must add, I don't wear it every day .. But perfect for minimal coverage whilst also erasing the bad bits I.e. u
Set eyes/ spots!

Eliza22 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:18:57

Lovesfruitandveg.... Yes, excellent. Just been reformulated and added more shades. I use 01 light. I'm on my third and wouldn't waste my money on anything else.

Lovefruitsandvegs Sat 13-Oct-12 12:00:07

Thank you everyone. SO helpful to hear different opinions. I would prefare to buy cosmetics localy from John Lewis or Boots in case there is something wrong with this.
I will see whether I can ask for a sample in our Boots. Would love to try a few at home rather than in the shop because of the light, hygiene etc.

otchayaniye Sat 13-Oct-12 12:28:18

i use Skin79 vip gold bb cream, which is korean (used to use them when i lived in asia) and on my dark circles i correct with Ben Nye blue neutralizer and disguise the trough itself with a lighter-than-my-tone concealer with a tiny brush. if i can be arsed i set with mercier brightening powder (light touch essential!)

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Sat 13-Oct-12 12:41:01

I am a bb cream zealot, I use the no7 for oily skin and its wonderful, I don't look like I'm wearing make up, it looks like a better, healthier version of me. I do, however have dark circles, naturally, so use a light diffusing concealor (again, no7) around my eyes. On bad skin days I mix bb cream with foundation for a little more coverage.

kaumana Sat 13-Oct-12 12:45:34

I use what Freaky does. Great stuff.

Lovefruitsandvegs Sat 13-Oct-12 13:28:31

Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles has lots of negative posts on amazon.
The thing is that I have very thin skin under my ees which is probabl genetic. They are always there and they make me look tired.

DontCallMeMummyPig Sat 13-Oct-12 18:22:30

Hi otcha, what's the difference between the skin 79 gold, and the one in the bright pink pot? I had a sample of that and really liked the texture but not sure whether to go for that or the gold one full-sized. Skin 79 seems so much better than other makes. I found garnier v oily and bobbi brown v thick and Camry. Skin 79 was perfect for me..

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 14-Oct-12 00:42:02

I have the gold one, I really like it. Good texture and feels v comfortable on the skin. I think the gold one is for dryer/more mature skins, pink is for oilier.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 14-Oct-12 00:48:38

Oooh can you tell me (sorry v ignorant!) what IS bb cream? How's it difference from tinted moisturiser, foundation or anything else around? Why should I try it?! Keen to know...

cynister Sun 14-Oct-12 00:55:41

Double, I am so happy you asked..I have seen so much about BB cremes lately, but dont exactly know what their virtue is...

chinley Sun 14-Oct-12 01:49:03

I swear these "BB" creams are just tinted moisturiser with an image revamp and new marketing. hmm

I have the Garnier one... it's the same, but not as good as, my Body Shop tinted moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now