Are they worth it?

(19 Posts)

Was browsing the Bobbi Brown counter in town this miserably wet evening, am in desperate need of some make-up brushes and spied a lovely travel-set of about 8 brushes on the counter, asked how much they were and was disturbed, yet not surprised, they were £85! I inspected them all closely and honestly I wasn't impressed with the quality of the case or the brushes themselves.

Quickly put them down and scurried away to the cheaper counter

Does anyone else rate BB brushes?? Or are they really that bloody good?

DoIDare Thu 11-Oct-12 21:34:56

Nope. IMO

Eliza22 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:51:48

No, not worth it, for me.
Body Shop, I have to say, are excellent!

TeaBrick Thu 11-Oct-12 21:55:01

I second the Body Shop recommendation. Bought and eye shadow blender today and it is really good. Mind you it was £10, so no less expensive than the BB ones. Do you really need a full set though?

The real technique brushes from boots are brilliant.

Just quite new to daily make up wearing and was sceptical that a brush can make the different but they can!

The stippling brush and eye shadow brushes are really good and 3 for 2 in boots just now.

TeaBrick Thu 11-Oct-12 21:56:58

Don't think you can get Cover Girl stuff anymore, but I have a blusher/powder brysh of theirs which I must have had about 20 years, so that was a good investment!

AuntieMaggie Thu 11-Oct-12 21:59:14

The one BB brush I had lasted 2 mins but I've got body shop ones that have lasted years so would recommend them.

I think I bought some of them in a set reduced after xmas a couple of years ago.

LFCisTarkaDahl Thu 11-Oct-12 22:01:29

Tkmaxx - got proper brushes exactly like the Chanel ones 6 years ago for £12 - still immaculate.

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 11-Oct-12 22:03:50

Not worth it and are a crap design - the handles are a creamy colour and over a short period of time get makeup engrained into them which you cannot get out.

BB makeup itself however is fab and very much worth it!

I really do need a full set, will definitely give Body Shop a try.

The BB salesperson told me (upon seeing my 'hmmm maybe not' face) that there were only a few sets left in the store then after that there would be a waiting list!!

Jazzicatz Thu 11-Oct-12 22:20:22

MAC brushes are very good too, but quite pricey!

emsibub Thu 11-Oct-12 22:22:38

Another vote for the body shop brushes, I paid about £45 for the full set 8 years ago and they are still going strong. So soft, I also wash them regularly

SaraBellumHertz Sat 13-Oct-12 06:59:18

I have a set of Mac brushes- obscenely expensive but brilliant and over ten years old now.

I also recently bought a no 7 foundation brush which is brilliant so might be worth checking out their range?

Maraki Sat 13-Oct-12 07:08:35

Second MAC brushes. I bought mine one by one over 15 years ago, I wash them weekly in baby shampoo and never lost a bristle. On the other hand the eyeliner brush from bobbi bought 2 years ago is for the bin, half the bristles are gone or bent.

ComradeJing Sat 13-Oct-12 07:41:02

I do love the BB ultra fine eyeliner brush though. That is worth every penny IMO.

QuinnFabray Sat 13-Oct-12 09:50:29

Real Technique, definately. Prefer them to any MAC brush I have owned.

marleybrodie Sat 13-Oct-12 09:55:20

I have some Bodyshop ones from ....hmmmmm..1995
Also some more recent clinique ones
both excellent quality.

The3Bears Sat 13-Oct-12 10:10:53

I second the Real technique brushes I use the buffing one for my laura mercier tinted moisturiser and it blends so well, thats in the core collection which is £21 for 4 brushes smile I also have alot of mac brushes and they are great just v v expensive

I have a set of Kent brushes which are lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now