Not Evans please..any size 20's out there?

(30 Posts)
TheKettle Wed 10-Oct-12 15:25:02

Where do you shop?

I'm an 18 on top, 20 trousers and skirts. Also I'm just under 5'4" so I'm short.
I've realised that I'm not losing this weight any time soon, after trying for a year, so I'm ready to buy a lot of new clothes.
I'd welcome any suggestions.

GoingBlankAgain Wed 10-Oct-12 22:15:10

What is vanity sizing?

mampam Wed 10-Oct-12 22:41:33

I'm a size 20 and have never bought clothing from Evans only shoes/boots. I generally buy my clothing from Next, Wallis, Simply Be (am 5'8" and these seem to be the only retailer I can buy trousers/jeans that are long enough in the leg), Monsoon, Dorothy Perkins, Primark and occasionally Debenhams.

Although I do buy some things from Simply Be I find that clothes that are specifically made for 'plus size' ladies are generally hideous a poor fit (make you look even bigger) and generally tend to be horridly bold and vile coloured fabrics. Just because I'm fat on the larger side doesn't mean I don't want to wear fashionable clothes.

tazzy65 Thu 11-Oct-12 07:19:24

size 18 here, and by clothing from good old sainsburys and DP, and monsoon.

lucylawless11 Thu 11-Oct-12 08:02:05

Im an 18 bottom and 20 top (big boobies) and find most clothes from new look inspire, asda and yours, yours clothing is very very generous in sizing and if your tall like me 5 9 then cardies actually do fit to my wrist rather than my elbow and tops arnt belly tops lol.

ecuse Mon 15-Oct-12 17:37:05

Seconding Curvety for nice dresses. I have an ace black wrap dress for work which is VERY flattering (I get lots of compliments), dries in about an hour flat and doesn't need ironing. The holy grail of work dresses. Also a really pretty 50s style polka dot halterneck which I've worn to about 3 weddings now.

What prompted me to post this is I just got a discount code via email for them: 10% off orders over £20 by midnight 31st October. Discount code: NLVCOCT12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now