Can anyone suggest a good Jeans ?

(17 Posts)
Rooble Wed 10-Oct-12 20:19:41

I would third/fourth/whatever Levi Curve. I'm Bold Curve (large of arse and hip, small waist), and have never felt so confident in a pair of jeans.

dexter73 Wed 10-Oct-12 20:10:12

I would put them on and wear them for a bit (without taking the labels off!) and see how much they give. If they are still ok after an hour then keep them!

greyvix Wed 10-Oct-12 19:32:46

So if my new Levis demi curve 30" are comfy, not really tight, should I try 29"? I haven't taken the labels off or worn them.

piratecat Wed 10-Oct-12 19:01:17

no joke but the £9.99 dark slight bootcut ones from Newlook are brilliant, if you were wanting a couple pairs.

I can't believe mine, they are so flattering.

Rebecca54 Wed 10-Oct-12 18:59:06

I now only go for Levis - a bit more expensive but they are a good fit and hold their shape.

Jazzicatz Wed 10-Oct-12 17:39:36

French Connection jeans are brilliant, fit really well and long in length.

theoriginalandbestrookie Wed 10-Oct-12 17:31:17

I have tried on Levi jeans a number of times and they just don't work for me, ditto with gap jeans unless I am at a low weight.

I find that Boden jeans are reliably good, unfortunately the shapes differ from season to season and at one stage they seemed to have an excess of material at the front, but i bought a nice pair in the sale that weren't suffering from that. These ones http www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Jeans/WC115/Womens-Straightleg-Jeans.html might do the trick.

I'd avoid full boot cuts at the minute because a straight leg or skinny is more fashionable and yes I know I have big hips too but there gets to a stage when it looks as if you are just trying to hide them rather than looking stylish.

SoupDragon Wed 10-Oct-12 17:26:39

I like Esprit jeans (free delivery free returns) as many styles come in waist/leg measurements, they do many different styles and explain what the fit is on each one, together with a chart to show if they tens to fit as per the size or larger/smaller.

Delivery is a little slow but worth waiting for.

I've just brought a pair of straight leg dark blue jeans from M&S that are great. They are doing different body shape jeans now - mine are Marilyns ie curvy, bigger in hips but slimmer in waist. Best fit I've had in a while <<disclaimer I do not spend a lot on jeans these last few years>>

After a few wears they haven't lost too much shape - deep joy.
I got them with 20% off so they were only TWENTY pounds!!!

VintageNancy Wed 10-Oct-12 17:04:59

Another vote for Levi Curve jeans - I may have to get another pair actually as they're so comfy.

SorrelForbes Wed 10-Oct-12 17:03:16

I'm currently wearing a pair of NExt Relaxed Skinnies which are more of a straight leg really. They are flattering and stay up very well.

dexter73 Wed 10-Oct-12 17:01:55

When you try them on make sure they are tight as they all give after a while. I have jeans that are almost uncomfortable when I first put them on but are just right after 1/2 an hour.

badmumalert Wed 10-Oct-12 16:18:57

Inspired by Rempy, I went to a Levi's store and was very well looked after - they measured me and let me try in loads and I have a demi-curve slim and a demi-curve skinny. It was really nice to have someone look after me properly.

badmumalert Tue 09-Oct-12 21:22:42

Thanks Rempy.

Not sure what shape - I guess a straight leg!?!

CountryBelle Tue 09-Oct-12 21:05:41

Marking my place. I am similar build. R u looking for skinnies / bootlegs or what?

rempy Tue 09-Oct-12 21:05:31

I've got two different styles of Levi Curve ID (that'll be the "Bold" curve for me - massive ass, short legs).

I like them - about 85 pounds in the shops, less on line which is pretty straight forward when you know your size and curve.

Mine always go between the thighs......

badmumalert Tue 09-Oct-12 21:01:56

I am jeans shopping tomorrow but not sure where to go.

I am size 14, 5'7". I have a bit of a belly. I often find jeans once worn for an hour are falling off.

I don't want to spend more that £80 because I can never tell if they'll fit once worn for a while and because the knees seem to go so quickly.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now