Merrell ellenwood coat

(4 Posts)

I'm umming are arhing over this coat. I tried the original one last year but found it too stiff. Has anyone tried or bought the new ellenwood version?

Thanks

Anyone??

messagetoyourudy Thu 11-Oct-12 20:02:53

I have got the new ellenwood version. I do love it for it's practical uses, and have a few compliments in this wet weather about how warm/waterproof/yet fashionable it is - so all good on that front.

However, I am disappointed be how long the arms are, (I thought maybe this feature would be ok for the winter) but I am disliking the fact that the cuffs are not adjustable, the sleeves seem too wide, already it is feeling drafty and it's not even cold yet. My other little gripe is the fabric in the pockets, it is really snaggley, and seems to catch on any little bit of slightly rough skin - wont be a problem when wearing gloves I guess.

I am 5ft 7in size 12 and have a medium in charcoal which is a good fit, I do not have short arms.

I wish I had the wakefield really as it has a bit more styling detailing, but I didn't come across the warm/waterproof coat thread last year. Don't get me wrong it is lovely and will see me through several winters and I have yet to see another coat that ticks the boxes for me.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like it will be good for me either then. I feel the cold and found the way i feel the warmest is with coats with cuffs, so i need ones I can adjust or with fabric cuffs. I hate the feeling of the wind going up my arms.

I tried the Dirkinson Naomi which was really warm and cuffed etc but the sleeves were too long and I felt lost in the coat. I tried the old Wakefield last year but wasn't too keen on the colours and it felt stiff. Arghh..who would've thought its so difficult to get a nice looking warm coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now