good vintage shops in manchester

(6 Posts)

Hello could someone help me looking for vintage clothers shops in manchester for my 14 daughter shes visting in a week (lives with dad) and just sent me a tx asking so im asking u wise mumnetters for help have googled but thinking u may know that wont be on yell etc she will have birthday money shes a size 6 to 8 tall and sort of a 80's goth she doesnt like the commeical goth clothing ( her hair is back combed to a inch of its life ) any ideas manythanks

LittlePandaBear Tue 09-Oct-12 20:31:14

I can only help a little, I think there are a lot in the Northern Quarter but I'm not a vintage shopper myself so don't know exact stores.

Hopefully someone else can be more helpful!

SeveredEdMcDunnough Tue 09-Oct-12 20:33:18

There used to be this weird place called Afflecks Palace. I went there once as I liked old stuff - but actually it was just too weird. I didn't find anything nice.

Try the markets I think - but not sure where as haven't lived there in 15 years smile

ujjayi Tue 09-Oct-12 20:34:39

If Afflecks Palace still exists then that would be a good starting point.

Thankyou we not visted manchester much so hoping for a day out and have a bit of mum and daughter bonding too smile

MsArseBiscuit Tue 09-Oct-12 20:46:44

Yeah, Afflecks still exists. There are plenty of vintage stalls inside, plus a wide variety of other unusual/alternative things ( I quite like it, and it's a real institution ) and like LittlePanda suggests, I reckon the Northern Quarter's a likely place to find other shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now