Help! Work-wear question

(4 Posts)
vodkaandcaviar Sun 07-Oct-12 20:37:03

Thanks ladies. I'm hoping to go in tomorrow and suss out what everyone else is wearing. I'm a bit short of cash right now and can't afford to buy a whole new work wardrobe given I'll only be there for four weeks. I'm hoping to find something more permanent in the meantime but I figured that the dresses/skirt combinations that I currently have would do.

I think the black wrap dress is probably fairly safe. I suspect in reality the dress code will be more casual than their description makes out. I've worked in a few call centre and most were officially business casual, and definitely at the more casual end of that spectrum!

Beaverfeaver Sun 07-Oct-12 20:29:51

I work in a sales office which 4 years ago I would have worn smart trousers and shirt. However, everyone has gradually got to the point of wearing most things, so now wear skinny jeans ( not us denim though) t's hurts, tops, dresses, anything seems to go.

We aren't customer facing so don't see why it should matter

vodkaandcaviar Sun 07-Oct-12 20:27:44

Hello,

I'm starting a new temp job tomorrow - it's in a call centre so I wasn't entirely sure what the dress code would be until I got an email with the details. We're expected to wear 'smart business attire' and I'm not 100% what that means exactly.

I have a pencil skirt, blazer and a few blouses/appropriate tops as well as some wrap dresses and cardigans. I wore a black wrap dress with tights and black pumps to my interview and was planning on wearing that tomorrow since it's pretty neutral but now I'm worried I'll look under-dressed. I don't want to go in looking over-dressed either though.

I was going to wear my hair down with very neutral make up.

Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now