What are you wearing today? And what one item would make it better?

(54 Posts)

Keeping in with the twists on WAWW threads smile
Bright coral tulip dress (with pockets! Love dresses with pockets!)- can't remember where from.
Black cinch waist belt- TopShop
Black opaques- New Look
Black 3/4 sleeve cardi- Marks and Spencer's
Lots of red lipstick, hair in victory rolls.

One thing that would make it better would be a pair of black vintage pumps, as I'm currently clomping about in DMs grin

fififolle Sun 07-Oct-12 20:59:49

I was wearing...
Black and camel striped cashmere turtle neck- J Brand
Black skinny jeans- Gok for Sains
Tan brogues- Clarks
- would have been improved by remembering to take my perfume away with me!
Now in PJs and gownie

permaquandry Sun 07-Oct-12 20:52:58

Ancient dkny Pjs and ancient whistles cardi. Dodgy, striped trainer socks, hair 'styled' by dd (4) and a streamimg red nose due to cold. Oh and black patent ballet pumps for trips into garden.

I don't think anything could improve this ensemble. As dh commented earlier 'nice look'. I WILL get dressed tomo, I WILL!

Abzs Sun 07-Oct-12 20:50:24

Gardening jeans and fleece. Both Tesco cheapo.

Better would be if grasping the nettle actually worked...

Haberdashery Sun 07-Oct-12 20:36:28

Grey skinny straight Uniqlo cords, grey marl (but more marly than normal marl) hoodie from Gap (no logo, black elbow patches), red/hot pink striped long sleeved T shirt, purple Uniqlo heat tech vest, black/blue leopardskin pattern socks, black Celtic Sheepskin slippers.

The outfit would be improved by a necklace and/or some earrings. My mood would be improved by being warmer.

NeDeLaMer Sun 07-Oct-12 19:35:06

Skinny jeans, white t-shirt, light grey cashmere cardi, light grey cashmere socks, light but flattering makeup....

In my dreams.

Lycra shorts & scruffy old (but clean) t-shirt - obviously have not left the house and am grateful no one has knocked the door!! grin

What would improve it? Blimey, pretty much anything from losing several stone to actually getting dressed! LOL

HoopDePoop Sun 07-Oct-12 19:30:51

Black Uniqlo slim cuffed joggers
Long brown Mamas and Papas vest
Navy boxy sweater - Uniqlo
Brown suede ballet pumps - Primark
Massive stripey navy/grey cashmere scarf (DH's but he never wears it so I have appropriated it - 'twas a pricey gift too angry )

I think I look v nice today. But I would be improved by not having the lurgy and throwing up every hour and having the shits. <snuggles in scarf>

HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:27:09

Dolly, my feet are short and wide too and they are very comfortable. Not sure where you can try them though. I love them and would buy more if I could, sigh...

almapudden Sun 07-Oct-12 19:19:19

Now I look more presentable:

Maroon skinny jeans
Tan leather knee high flat boots
White tshirt with red fox graphic
Biscuit coloured wool jumper

Annianni Sun 07-Oct-12 17:52:52

Dark skinny jeans, grey Zara linen tshirt, uggs and <whispers incase I get booted out> a beige Laura ashley knitted slouchy waistcoat thing.

The thing that would make it better, is to be without the 2 tonnes of sand that we seem to have brought back from the seaside today... It's everywhere!

Dollydowser Sun 07-Oct-12 16:54:25

Oh and I'm wearing a navy cord Boden dress, blue falke tights and zebra slippers. Would be improved by makeup and blow dry but have been sat in front of the computer writing an essay so didn't bother.

Dollydowser Sun 07-Oct-12 16:52:03

HotBurrito1, can I ask you what shape your feet are/ how comfy are Chie Mihara shoes are? I have recently discovered them, or rather pictures of them, and they look lovely. I have short fat feet though, and don't know where to go to try them. Thanks!

greedycow Sun 07-Oct-12 16:46:56

Dark indigo gap real straight jeans (my current favourites)
short sleeved coral pink tshirt (Asda)
scruffy three quarter sleeve black cardi which has gone very bobbly (Asda)
covered by a black blazer, butterfly scarf and black chelsea boots when I went out - which improved the look a lot.
Dressed for another day of domestic drudgery.

fedupofnamechanging Sun 07-Oct-12 16:32:18

Black cord knee length skirt and a black v necked t-shirt. A bra would improve this look, considerably! I am wearing make up though (priorities definitely sorted here)

Nice jumper, CV. Loving navy and black together too, Gold.

Have just had a bath and am now wearing:

fitted grey jumper
grey jersey pencil skirt
grey lace tights
grey ribboned knee high socks

It's still all grey. It would be made better with a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea.

HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 16:09:04

For once I am smart! I never do this thread as am usually haphazardly thrown together in a bag lady stylee.
Brown Chie Mihara heeled brogues (eBay bargain)
Dark blue boucle Jigsaw pencil skirt
Spotty blue t shirt with white Peter pan collar
Dark blue opaque tights
My hair looks ok as I was at the hairdresser yesterday. Normal hair service resumes tomorrow.

I need my white wool/cotton cardi which is in the wash brrrr.

Paintyourbox Sun 07-Oct-12 15:54:31

Black leggings
Long line gap grey t-shirt with jewelled shoulders
Lighter grey H and M cardigan that I bought yesterday.
Black, slouch, knee high leather boots.

It would look better if not covered in baby sick!

iWILLdothis Sun 07-Oct-12 15:50:52

White stuff skirt, opaques, navy long sleeve tee & mustard scarf. Lots could be improved: if I was wearing tan boots instead of slippers. Skirt is wrong length on me, and I need a Cardigan in the right shape for the skirt...
Will add tan leather jacket and boots when I venture out later.

marriedinwhite Sun 07-Oct-12 15:27:08

grey leggings (cross between trousers and leggings really)
Long knitted burgundy tunic
Old suede knee high boots.

The lovely pair of shiny leather boots I saw in Shoon with buttons down the side yesterday for £169.00 would make it better.

ujjayi Sun 07-Oct-12 15:21:45

Oops - forgot......what one thing would make my outfit better? A teal/sea green/magenta/purple Cy Twombly-esque scarf

ooh nice jumper, Cointreau

CointreauVersial Sun 07-Oct-12 15:18:50

I'm dressed now!

This woven-front slouchy navy jumper from Warehouse.
Primark skinnies
Grey/blue/pink Fat Face scarf

Just need some of those cosy bootee slippers.

ujjayi Sun 07-Oct-12 15:18:37

I thought about making something up at first but then considering the number of slobtastic Onslo like behaviour of some of you I don't feel so bad!!

Yesterday's combo of teal long sleeve tee layered beneath grey sequin motif tee.
Top Shop Martha's
Bailey Button Uggs
Hair is "artfully tousled" (ie I haven't brushed it yet).

In my defence, I leapt straight out of bed to begin a 4 hour study & research session. Can't ever concentrate whilst wearing pjs so grabbed first things to hand.

OP Your outfit sounds amazing. And well done for adding a new twist to the thread today smile

EnjoyGOLDResponsibly Sun 07-Oct-12 15:17:09

Denim dress
Navy Coast cardi with 3/4 sleeves
Black leggings
Black biker boots

I am embracing a new love for navy and black but only in controlled circumstances.

10lbs weight loss would improve most of my clothes decisions TBH, but having just eaten a slice of cake that's not going to happen.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 07-Oct-12 15:13:34

Dark blue skinny jeans, pale grey and white striped long and baggy top.

Would be improved by a bit of lipstick.

And my new boots probably, but I have no intention of going out today.

GobblersKnob Sun 07-Oct-12 15:12:36

Skinnies
Light grey tank
Dark grey scoop neck top

Would be improved by the dark/light grey skull scarf I nearly bought last week from TK Maxx.

Bright pink tie-dye sweatshirt - Zara
Burgundy cord leggings - Uniqlo
Black suede wedge high tops - Nike

This outfit would be much improved if it was not smeared with ice cream, but have just got back from the park with the DCs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now