I've found a good cheapo coat, what colour should I get?

(55 Posts)
FayeKinitt Sat 06-Oct-12 20:45:40

I don't have much money for a coat but thought this one from Asda looked bargainous

I like the pink but I'm really not good at matching colours. Could you lovely MNers help me? I own two pairs of jeans that I pretty much live in, one blue and one black. And I have two pairs of boots, one black and one dark brown.

Would pink go with black jeans? Or brown boots? Or should I just get the grey version?

Thanks!

SecretCermonials Sun 07-Oct-12 14:28:50

I do too grin although could just as easily be asda!! I shall look from work tomorrow and every (work) day until I can get one, i want the mustard or red duffle!

purpleflower123 Sun 07-Oct-12 14:36:05

I got the £19 charcoal duffle coat. I've had loads of compliments so far smile

SeveredEdMcDunnough Sun 07-Oct-12 14:37:57

It's odd but when I saw this in the shop (and liked it) the pink was much lighter than it looks on there.

It's pretty IRL.

I was in asda yesterday and saw them but didn't buy one. The pink was lovely - not a bright bright, but quite a flattering dusky-ish pink. Would look great with everything you've described and cut quite the dash.

The grey was nice but just a bit indistinct.

<disclaimer, no idea what your colouring is!>

I want this in grey, and then the red duffle.
Will purchase on Wednesday.

FayeKinitt Sun 07-Oct-12 17:33:43

Met with my friend today who says they have the coat at our local Asda. She said they also have other colours available not on the website! As if I wasn't dithering enough!

She was going to buy the pink one herself but now I've said I'm getting it she may go for the red or a mustard colour version she saw so we don't look like complete twinnies! I can see it's going to be common as muck but I don't care grin

travail I'm pale-ish with lots of slap on and have mid brown hair and grey roots

BigFatLegsInWoolyTIghts Sun 07-Oct-12 17:36:33

Pink It goes with lots and looks cheerful. Plenty of time for grey when you're dead I say!

Sunflower6 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:23:36

I saw the pink coat at my local asda today and am going to go back and get It tomorrow - I love pink but thought it was a lovely coat - I liked the red version too if you're not a fan of pink

HoopDePoop Sun 07-Oct-12 20:01:02

I quite fancy the military coat in plum, has anyone seen it in the flesh? Looks just like
A French Connection one I had when younger.

Just ordered the red duffle.
My friend has it so I know I like it in the flesh.
The grey is sold out in my size, but might go up there later in the week to look at the others.

Thanks for this op. I went in today and ended up buying the plum military coat. It was a much more flattering colour and shape on me than the others. The pink one is lovely, but wasn't a great shape on me. I also loved the red duffle coat but 1yo dd2 is currently wearing an almost identical one!

Dillydollydaydream Mon 08-Oct-12 16:19:02

Ooh I like the burgundy duffle coat.

I love the mustard duffle coat, I'm not sure if it would suit my colouring tho, blonde with quite a pinky skin tone?

HoopDePoop Mon 08-Oct-12 21:52:53

Grr the plum military coat is out of stock in 8 and 10 now <glares at MN>

lisad123 Mon 08-Oct-12 22:06:42

I have green military one ordered and should be at local store tomorrow grin

lisad123 Mon 08-Oct-12 22:08:37

I also brought the grey military style last winter and it still looks fab but because I lost so much weight it now looks like a sack of potatoes on me blush

FayeKinitt Tue 09-Oct-12 06:41:41

Well I went yesterday to get my pink one and they didn't have my size, I was gutted! I tried the next size up and although it was too big I can tell it'll be a good one for me to wear. I may consider going to the big Asda Living today to see if they have it!

AnnaBegins Tue 09-Oct-12 12:20:03

I have it in red, it is gorgeous! Bought it in store so don't know about online availability. Have been making people guess how cheap it was!

So glad it has the MN seal of approval smile

Good luck finding the pink one!

issimma Tue 09-Oct-12 13:27:16

Taking dd to Asda when she wakes up grin. Will be great for spring (doesn't look that warm sad - polyester, but I guess that's why it's such a bargain!).

FayeKinitt Tue 09-Oct-12 13:35:08

issimma It feels like thick felt is the best way I can describe it! I think with layers it could be pretty warm.

Thanks anna I possibly shouldn't have mentioned it, then they might have had more stock! < eyes size 14 MN'ers > hmm wink

issimma Tue 09-Oct-12 13:37:20

faye you enabler! grin

Ohh i lke the red duffle one.
I'll have to go and have a try on as I vary in coat sizes.

FayeKinitt Tue 09-Oct-12 13:51:04

issimma Go on... You know you want it... Treat yourself grin

AnnaBegins Fri 12-Oct-12 15:25:21

A size 14 in pink was in stock in my local asda yesterday... if you are in the midlands Faye I could share this top secret info grin

NettoSpookerstar Fri 12-Oct-12 15:27:15

I got the red duffle earlier in the week but the 8 was too small so I've sent it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now