I've found a good cheapo coat, what colour should I get?

(55 Posts)
FayeKinitt Sat 06-Oct-12 20:45:40

I don't have much money for a coat but thought this one from Asda looked bargainous

I like the pink but I'm really not good at matching colours. Could you lovely MNers help me? I own two pairs of jeans that I pretty much live in, one blue and one black. And I have two pairs of boots, one black and one dark brown.

Would pink go with black jeans? Or brown boots? Or should I just get the grey version?

Thanks!

Gimblinginthewabe Sat 06-Oct-12 20:52:27

I love ASDA coats! I bought one (bright blue!) when I was pregnant and when I lost the weight I bought the next year's style (in tan) because I was so impressed.

I think pink would go better than the grey. (But i'm not great at colour matching, I like the grey one personally, but not keen on grey and brown together)

Asda coats are brilliant value :-)

Gimblinginthewabe Sat 06-Oct-12 20:55:01

It also comes in red, red might be better, and very glamorous :-)

ujjayi Sat 06-Oct-12 20:56:18

I like the pink. I have a magenta coat that I bought 4 winters ago and was initially worried about what it would go with. However, the best thing about having a bright coloured coat is that no matter what you are wearing beneath you always look put together and groomed smile.

Natnat29 Sat 06-Oct-12 20:57:40

Like the pink one gonna get that myself smile

CuriousMama Sat 06-Oct-12 20:58:22

Fuck that's cheap!! off to Asda website

What colour's your hair?

FayeKinitt Sat 06-Oct-12 21:01:19

Thanks for the replies!

Yes I like the red one too but I've had a couple of red coats in the past and fancied a change!

My hair is mid brown Curious smile

CuriousMama Sat 06-Oct-12 21:06:41

Well then you can have any all of them wink

Go for pink.

lisad123 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:08:58

Just ordered a green coat grin

Link just takes me to home page ?

Which one is it I'm looking for a cheap coat

CuriousMama Sat 06-Oct-12 22:04:12

It says 'we love coats' and there's the grey one on left,pink right.

CuriousMama Sat 06-Oct-12 22:05:24
QueenieLovesEels Sat 06-Oct-12 22:50:05

I would go with the grey and use scarfs etc to add colour. The pink is very nice mind tries not to encourage to get both

FayeKinitt Sun 07-Oct-12 07:26:56

Gah! Don't know why the link is misbehaving now! If you go on the homepage theirs a big advert in the middle with the grey coat on one side and the pink on the other. They are £19 each.

I'd love to have both but I'm trying (and hugely failing grin ) to be a bit more careful with money!

FayeKinitt Sun 07-Oct-12 07:28:31
CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 13:20:19

Queenie does have a point about grey and scarves. I love using them to add colour.

usualsuspect3 Sun 07-Oct-12 13:22:54

I was tempted by that coat in Asda on Thursday. I couldn't decide which colour to get either though

hlipop Sun 07-Oct-12 13:32:52

love it!! but is it water proof =s i cant tell from the internet...

Oooh thanks

I actually have the black version of this that is about 5 years old

It still looks brand new despite being thrown in the washer a few times

Think I'm gonna get the red one

And I quite like the duffle coats

CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 13:41:06

hlipop I doubt it's waterproof it would say.

hlipop Sun 07-Oct-12 14:00:26

hmm true i want a rainproof coat that is like this =[

October1st Sun 07-Oct-12 14:07:09

The Pink would still look very nice in February/ March as well when we are starting to think of Spring but it is still baltic

SecretCermonials Sun 07-Oct-12 14:09:34

Would be great if u could Actually buy them??? Get as far as checkout and it says none available!! angry

CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 14:12:47

nice coat hlipop bit small though wink

CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 14:13:54

SecretC I blame MN grin

I didn't buy one though, I have a pink coat I got from Very but it's wee bit to tight so think I'll sell it? Never even worn the bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now