What are you wearing today? And why?

(97 Posts)
ujjayi Sat 06-Oct-12 14:49:37

Thought I would add a little something to the usual "WAYW" threads smile

I woke up this morning feeling the need for bohemian chic in which to enjoy this beautifully warm autumnal sunshine.

Teal silk flared midi skirt (Zara via charity shop)
Teal long sleeve tee (White Stuff) layered beneath:
Pale grey slouchy short sleeve tee with sequin heart detail (from small local boutique - no label other than "made in Italy")
ASOS Aggie Boots with ankle socks and bare legs.

Claxonia Sat 06-Oct-12 18:43:09

Black waxed skinnies (Zara), white silk tunic with black orchid print (Zara), big, black cashmere cardigan full of holes (M&S), brand new black ankle boots (Mango), very pleased as they didn't hurt and I walked a fair bit.

Why? Probably trying to look like a rock chick and in denial about being a mum/grown up.

MrsWolowitz Sat 06-Oct-12 18:49:51

<high-fives fashion twin beaver. >

coldcupoftea Sat 06-Oct-12 18:53:40

I am wearing this cardigan from Monsoon with black skinny jeans and a black tshirt, and brown ankle boots from Fat Face. And yes I know it's a <whispers> waterfall cardigan but goddamit it's cosy and I love the pattern! So there. Spent the day slouching around at home, and popping to see friend's new baby.

almapudden Sat 06-Oct-12 18:57:46

Stone chinos (rolled at ankles)
Longish maroon vest top
Biscuit-coloured merino wool jumper
Navy blue, green and biscuit scarf
Tan leather brogues

I'm feeling autumnal and wanted to look fairly smart.

MarianForrester Sat 06-Oct-12 19:00:57

I really like the sound of your outfit OP.

I am wearing pale neutral tattered effect knee length skirt (tk maxx); cream lace trim long sleeve t shirt; creamy beige boyfriend cardigan (tesco);grey/neutrally animal print scarf; black leggings (chilly here); grey Miss KG ankle boots.

Why? I love this skirt, and decided instead of waiting for an elusive "occasion" would just wear it! Also inspired by lots of similar things in the mags.

droves Sat 06-Oct-12 19:12:56

Dark boot cut jeans , black tight ribbed vest , pale grey thin knit buttonless cardigan...massive pink fluffy socks and brown and pink spotted slippers . All old and faded

Oh and diamond earrings .And 1920's style diamanté hair clasp .

Going for like an old but classy hobo look .

AnOldieButNotSoGoody Sat 06-Oct-12 19:14:09

Oversized FC jumper
Gap skinny jeans
Ash virgin.

Dh said I looked amazing - slight exaggeration.

waitingtobeamummy Sat 06-Oct-12 19:23:43

Leggings, thick socks, stripey slouchy jumper: because we were on dog walking duty for our neighbours and am now slouched infront of tv.

Plum long sleeved tee - Majestic
Plum jersey scarf - American Vintage
Burgundy leopard print skinnies - M&S
Black wedges high tops with pink/purple laces - Nike
Charcoal jersey blazer - T by Alexander Wang

I wore this outfit for lunch with my NCT girls to coo over a lovely new baby, and to go shopping with my Mum (who bagged some MiH Oslos in TK Maxx clearance because she is a skinny minnie!)

maisiebabe Sat 06-Oct-12 19:50:17

Do like these threads, lots of good ideas & inspiration.
I wore
Topshop camel cape- 2 yrs old
Whistles Alice grey jumper
H & m vest - too small & v unflattering on the muffin top/s- just as well it was under the jumper
Hotmilk ( cringe at the name) nursing bra
Figleaves nude Control pants
Whistles navy animal print jeans
Hudson horrigan beige suede boots
Toast yellow suede bucket bag
Whistles snakeskin cuff
Anthropologie ivory nugget necklace

Where was I going? To take DD to gymnastics then to see brothers new kittens then the park..! Am trying out smarter weekend looks. Now slouched on couch in DPs accidentally shrunken by boiling 100% wool jumper & hush harems & thermal ski socks & large glass of rouge....
Like the sound of mulberry tweed shorts tho , and browsing uniqlo thermals..

Pascha Sat 06-Oct-12 19:53:56

Bugger all as I am in the bath.

ChablisLover Sat 06-Oct-12 20:27:09

For all mankind roxanne skinnies rolled up
Massimo dutti striped blue shirt
Next navy cardi
Asia aggie boots
And earlier new look navy crombie jacket with pleather sleeves

Why - cos I usually dress down on a Saturday to do the cleaning but thought I would make an effort to go out for tea with dh and ds

Sariska Sat 06-Oct-12 20:41:42

Slim fit berry cords - Jigsaw
Berry and cream long-sleeved tee - Uniqlo
3/4 sleeved long grey sweater - H&M
Grey, black and cream leopard print scarf - Jigsaw, to clash with my
Black and tan leopard print slippers
A fleecey elephant print blanket - cold, and no heating on yet

Wore chestnut ankle boots earlier when braving the hell that is soft play.

Outfit choice entirely dictated by what would be comfiest when spending the day entertaining my small DC.

Black skinnies - M&S.
Thermal socks - M&S
Grey hoodie stolen from DD
Dressing gown

Why? Because I made rather a night of it last night and am still feeling rather fragile!

ujjayi Sat 06-Oct-12 21:14:02

Have loved reading all the replies. Lots of inspiration smile

Amber am in awe of your mum - I tried on the Oslos in local TK Maxx but were far too skinny for my athletic legs. I did however manage to get the MIH Paris jeans instead.

ujjayi Sat 06-Oct-12 21:15:32

Remus and all of those of you feeling less than 100% (for whatever reason) feel better soon!

In my PJs now but earlier was wearing tatty, grey jogging bottoms and a white charity run, paint spattered t-shirt
Why - because I spent all day working in the garden getting it ready for the winter and planting spring bulbs

She has got great legs. Sadly I have inherited footballer's legs from my dad. Sigh.

Thanks Ujjayi - not that I deserve sympathy as it was entirely self inflicted! smile

Grey leopard skin print floaty dress with deep v neck. Black vest top under. Black leggings and knee length boots. Although they are off now.
Went to a kids party and needed something nice that I could bf in.

HecateLarpo Sat 06-Oct-12 21:31:10

I have actually been in my pyjamas all day. something I almost never do. I just thought what the hell, not doing anything, not going anywhere. It's a PJ Day grin

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 06-Oct-12 21:34:14

HM black and grey striped long sleeved tshirt
Primark teal skinnies
suede ankle boots
horrible long grey tesco cardie over the top.

practical for small kids' craft group thing we've been to. but then it got cold hence the addition of the horrible cardie.

yomellamoHelly Sat 06-Oct-12 21:38:25

Urghh! I feel so square reading all this. Am in dark blue jeans and pink v-necked jumper from Uniqlo. Felt quite good about it until two girls were dissing my jeans on bus on way back from town and saying how "old" they looked and how they hoped they never ended up wearing anything like them in however many years. (Slim leg bootcut fwiw. Look terrible in skinnies.)

EllenParsons Sat 06-Oct-12 23:25:45

Stripey navy, cream and burgundy t shirt from new look
Skinny jeans from Dorothy Perkins
Grey converse
Navy coat

That was to go shopping

Now wearing some new pjs from primark, white bottoms with navy design on and a dark pinkish top, plus lovely warm slipper socks with fur inside and pom poms, and an old navy hoody from h & m, reason is relaxing in front of the tv and our heating doesn't work!

MrsSJG Sun 07-Oct-12 00:58:21

Now, pjs because I'm in bed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now