Help, my face is collapsing...!

(35 Posts)
EllieorOllie Sat 06-Oct-12 13:49:59

In the last 6 months I've really noticed the ageing process kicking in. It's like I hit 31 and my face just gave up trying to fight gravity.

I have wrinkles under the outer edges of my eyes, deep forehead lines, crepey eyelids and I'm starting to get wrinkles around my mouth. It's horrendous. I can kind of cover it all with make up except the forehead lines but I'd like to try to do something a bit more proactive about it.

My skin is dry and sensitive so I guess I need a moisturiser that's going to suit my skin and help my craters a little. I don't think the dryness particularly helps the appearance of the wrinkles. All recommendations gratefully received, upper budget of about 20 quid for a moisturiser.

Any other suggestions for wonder products also welcome.

Lastly I could do with a non-shimmery taupe powder eyeshadow, under a tenner. Pretty please!

EllieorOllie Sat 06-Oct-12 23:10:05

Right, off to bed having had a big dinner, snacked on almonds, drunk water but no alcohol, slathered on moisturiser and massaged bio oil into my forehead wrinkles. Hoping to wake up looking a decade younger wink

Mrs CB you might be right about the botox. Years of squinting due to short sightedness has led to forehead lines that cannot possibly erased without surgery sadly. Use a balm cleanser anyway at night, so that bit's sorted.

Oh and squoosh I'll definitely try mua, my local superdrug doesn't have the full range but I've heard great things about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions s&b ladies.

cerealqueen Sat 06-Oct-12 23:22:25

Another one for Rosehip oil, a couple of drops added to your moisturiser. I've been using it for a few weeks now (recommendation here of course!) and everybody tels me how well I look. My skin has that lovely dewy texture and feels more supple.

People have also sworn by silk pillowcases on her but I haven't tried one yet.

ppeatfruit Sun 07-Oct-12 07:53:57

Silk pillow cases are lovely for smoothing yr hair I haven't noticed the effect on my skin though. Another thing I've recently started doing is Acupressure which is brilliant for firming up yr body (I've just lost nearly 3 stone and still got my firm boobs,bum and chin and less wrinkles) All down to the acupressure it's not expensive 'cos you DIY!!!

CamperFan Sun 07-Oct-12 08:24:38

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but I have just started using Origins Night A Mins, which was around £22 I think, more than I usually spend, but I really felt like I needed something. I have skin that is both oily and acne prone AND aging, dry patches etc - what a lovely combination! When I ws putting on foundation it kept flaking all over my cheeks. Since using the Night A Mins, it is much better, and I feel like my skin looks a bit fresher. I've only been using it a week. It goes on quite thick, but absorbs within about 5 mins, leaving skin soft and non greasy.

At 37 I am feeling like an old hag so I know how you feel OP!

Lovewearingjeans Sun 07-Oct-12 08:41:35

Facial massage is also good, makes my skin, and the muscles under feel great. Tescos Barbara Daly range used to do a matt taupe shade. Neutrogenia do a great 25spf daily moisturiser.

EllieorOllie Sun 07-Oct-12 14:12:36

Thanks lwj, was passing Tesco earlier so went in and got some, it's exactly what I wanted.

camper commiserations! I like origins stuff so I shall bear that one in mind too, thanks.

EllieorOllie Sun 07-Oct-12 14:13:31

The BD eyeshadow I mean...

myroomisatip Sun 07-Oct-12 16:31:32

I think a lot of it is genes and I am so lucky to be very well advanced in age and have barely a wrinkle smile

I use Boots Protect and Perfect and also do a facial massage at least every other day, www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g7KTDg6LNw&feature=related or have a look and see if there is another massage that you prefer. I use bio-oil for the massage.

Lovewearingjeans Sun 07-Oct-12 20:18:06

Bizarrely I use it to fill in my eyebrows.

coffeeinbed Sun 07-Oct-12 20:25:40

Rosehip oil is good for this.
Now, if you wanted to combine Salma's routine with some rose oil serum you could get the Boots Una Brennan Rose oil. it's around 15 quid. They recommend using it as in the Oil Cleaning Method.
Leave some residue and don't wash the next morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now