Curly hair cut advice

(4 Posts)
RollerCola Fri 05-Oct-12 22:43:36

Thanks, the guy I've booked the appt with is a curly expert apparently so hopefully he'll know what he's doing. Long layers it is I think.

OneMoreGo Fri 05-Oct-12 21:07:01

A good hairdresser experienced in cutting curly hair is what you want. They will know to cut your hair dry not wet and yes long layers probably good.

musttidyupmusttidyup Fri 05-Oct-12 20:33:23

Yes layers. But long ish ones.

RollerCola Fri 05-Oct-12 20:00:43

I've been growing my hair for about 18mths now and haven't really had a proper cut in that time. I stopped blowdrying/straightening it and discovered that my hair is quite curly and I'd like to encourage the curls.

The length is weighing down the curls though now - I've booked an appt tomorrow for a cut but I'm not sure what to ask for. I asked a previous hairdressers to put some layers in but she just put one shorter layer all the way round which looks a bit naff. The longer length underneath just hangs down quite straight while the shorter outer layer curls up.

Should I get rid of the longer underneath and get more of a bob shape? What's the best shape for curly hair? Do I need layers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now