A/W boot meltdown.... Help!

(12 Posts)
AmethystMoon Thu 04-Oct-12 21:05:56

I have looked at and tried on more boots than is healthy in the last few days. I thought I needed black ankle boots but they all look odd with my jeans. I wear jeans a lot, so this is important. I can't do skinny jeans as they don't fit my shape but am a size 12 so not that big! I wear straight leg jeans. All the boots I tried would only look good with skinnies tucked in. I don't want a high heel but a small heel is ok. I need a boot to wear with skirts/dresses casually too. I am losing the plot, what sort of boot works with straight jeans, skirts and occasionally leggings?

dexter73 Thu 04-Oct-12 21:26:11

I think you probably need 2 pairs of boots - a pair of ankle boots for the jeans and a longer pair for the skirts.

AmethystMoon Thu 04-Oct-12 22:06:39

Mmm I think you might be right. It is the ankle boots I think I am going to struggle with they all seem to look weird with straight jeans. They are wider at the top than the jeans so make the jeans stick out where the top of the boot is IYSWIM.

dexter73 Thu 04-Oct-12 22:14:26

How about this sort of style?

susiefen Thu 04-Oct-12 22:32:00

I solved exactly the same problem with these from Topshop. Only £45 too

these are not black but i wear them with slightly skinny but actually straight jeans. I also wear them with a jumper dress or short cord skirt with grey leggings or thick tights. Maybe not the most stylish but i am happy with them

AmethystMoon Fri 05-Oct-12 08:32:54

dexter I like those, I was in Clarks and must have missed them, thank you.

susie I like these too, I think maybe I need short black boots and a longer maybe more casual pair like fruit suggested.

Thank you I think I'm a bit clearer now... I was just so confused yesterday! Why does boot shopping have to be so hard? I am terrible for buying things then discovering they don't work with anything else in my wardrobe. I have just had a DC and so now every purchase counts... Less cash to spend so mistakes aren't allowed grin

AmethystMoon Fri 05-Oct-12 10:21:22

Okay, I've now seen some long boots by Ugg Australia but not the traditional Ugg boot. They have a chunky sole and are long suede. Had anyone got experience of the quality of ugg's other boots?

dexter73 Fri 05-Oct-12 11:12:36

I have a pair of Ugg boots with a leather foot and then suede up to the knee and a chunky sole, not an 'Ugg' sole. They are very hardwearing and excellent quality.

AmethystMoon Fri 05-Oct-12 11:32:44

grin thanks Dexter I was hoping they might be. Ohhh now just which colour, decisions, decisions.....

bishboschone Fri 05-Oct-12 14:16:46

I have ugg noiras .. Fabulous quality .. Very sturdy ... Well worth the money .

AmethystMoon Fri 05-Oct-12 14:18:59

Thanks bish I will look those up. I don't mind paying a bit more if they will last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now