if you wear slim leg jeans...

(23 Posts)
BerthaKitt Fri 05-Oct-12 22:38:20

Just to interrupt here, as this is one of my major fashion concerns, having no instinctive sense of style whatsoever - if you wear loafers or brogues or some other non-ballet flat shoe that shows the top of your foot or ankle, do you wear socks? Or do I have to have bare feet all winter?

Iatemyskinnyperson Fri 05-Oct-12 22:31:05

Wedge desert boots

runnervt Fri 05-Oct-12 20:42:33

I'm having a similar dilemma at the moment. I've just bought these thinking my skinnies would sit nicely inside but they're a bit too wide at the ankle. Just debating whether bunched up or turned up would be better. Anyone here have any thoughts?
In summer I wear Converse or super Ga - no dilemmas there!

QueenCadbury Fri 05-Oct-12 17:50:35

You can get leather converse

thriftychic Fri 05-Oct-12 16:27:06

thanks , dont think i will be wearing converse , too much rain . maybe bikers

MrsSnow Fri 05-Oct-12 15:44:27

Ankle boots
Trainers
Converse style shoes
loafers
flats

DonaAna Fri 05-Oct-12 15:19:41

I wear my straight-leg jeans with desert wedges and ankle boots (cowboy heel) - I prefer not to tuck the jeans in, roll them up if necessary.

Straight-legs also look good with loafers and chelsea boots.

cocolepew Fri 05-Oct-12 15:07:51

I wear then under, I sometimes turn my jeans up a bit. Dick Emery is my fashion icon obviously grin

Bunbaker Fri 05-Oct-12 14:45:45

Stupid question, but do you tuck the jeans in or wear your biker boots under the jeans?

QueenCadbury Fri 05-Oct-12 14:08:05

Converse or I find if I buy straight legs too short then they are fine tucked into boots.

BeattieBow Fri 05-Oct-12 12:37:55

I also wondered this - if I wear ankle boots, the jeans are too baggy to tuck in, so I then look mumsy I think.

I generally wear either ballet pumps, or some converse or some ash high tops I've got. But this morning I still thought it looked rubbish, so swapped back into skinnies.

i suspect slim or straight jeans just aren't on the fashionistas' radar atm.

Madlizzy Fri 05-Oct-12 12:34:08

Brogues, converse or Doc Marten boots or shoes.

shineonucrazydiamond Fri 05-Oct-12 11:47:32

I wear either biker boots, Toms or Super Ga's/Converse.

Madmog Fri 05-Oct-12 10:41:07

Glad you posted on this one, I was facing the same dilemma - I bought some slim legs jeans in the summer and have been wearing trainers in the summer (sorry not very fashion conscious here) but tried my ankle boots on in the week with them and you can tell I'm wearing them as you can see the top part agains the fabric.

Think I need to go out and buy some converse or a different pair of boots (which I was actually thinking about anyway!).

sugarice Fri 05-Oct-12 09:30:48

t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_aD4AHotdtAWh68donnzS3LYKjiZQA492MtOh3ngShRkUPi7T4g

I adore these but the price is ridiculous, they'd look good with straights.

Freshletticiaandslugs Fri 05-Oct-12 07:49:41

Mid-heel platfrom clogs or boots e.g Dr Martens Diva.

Zwitterion Thu 04-Oct-12 22:56:45

Bikers or daps (supergas at the mo)

Cremolafoam Thu 04-Oct-12 22:55:19

Biker boots or ballet pumps

I wear wedge heeled boots with mine but I'm no style icon grin

RedBlanket Thu 04-Oct-12 22:41:47

Ballets or converse.
I'm considering brogues this year as well.

cocolepew Thu 04-Oct-12 22:41:16

Converse or biker boots.

redhappy Thu 04-Oct-12 22:39:49

ballet flats or sandals in the summer, ten they get stuck in a cupboard for the winter whilst I wonder how does everyone else wear theirs!

I suspect everyone else is wearing converse, but I feel like a duck waddling walking in them!

thriftychic Thu 04-Oct-12 20:13:20

i.e not quite skinny but slim leg or maybe straight leg what do you put on your feet ? or should i not even go there and wear skinnies ?

i am always fine with the top half, tops , blouses etc but bottom half pfff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now