Ilse Jacobsen softshells - are they waterproof

(7 Posts)
shropshireblue Thu 04-Oct-12 17:10:08

I've been eyeing up one of these for a long time now.

I have a warm The North Face parka for wet, wintery weather but for the rest of year I need something that keeps me dry when I'm out with DS and DD, who are still in a pushchair, so no chance of using a brolly! It ticks all the boxes for stylish, long and hooded but is it actually waterproof?

Also, if anyone has one of these how's the sizing?

shropshireblue Thu 04-Oct-12 21:48:48

Bumping as I'm hoping that someone will tell me it's amazing! I've found it here www.ilse-jacobsen.nl/contents/en-uk/p41_Ilse_Jacobsen_raincoat_softshell_rain6_dark_ash.html

livvyliv Thu 04-Oct-12 22:18:06

I have one (and a north face parka) and its definitely waterproof and stylish.all I need now is a dog to walk!
They come up big though,so might be worth trying one on.

shropshireblue Thu 04-Oct-12 22:38:24

Thanks Livvyliv, how big is big? Unfortunately I can't find a stockist anywhere near me so I was thinking of getting it online.

Agree with you about the dog, although I may have to wait a few years!

Needabitofsunshine Fri 05-Oct-12 12:05:21

No idea on sizing, but definitely waterproof. Danish design = form and function. Always. Every other woman has one over here!

livvyliv Fri 05-Oct-12 14:47:29

Hi
I'm a small 10 and got a 36.its quite loose at the front and certainly not fitted on me but does mean I can wear lots underneath.it does come in a size smaller but wouldn't want to risk it being too tight.
It really is a fab raincoat.

shropshireblue Fri 05-Oct-12 15:44:40

Well I'm a 12 but with quite substantial boobs - still BFing. Now do I get a 40 or a 38? Hmm...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now