Hobbs

(5 Posts)
Lexilicious Thu 04-Oct-12 17:01:29

I'm off to a preview evening (or something) at Hobbs tonight.

What's good from there that is classic not frumpy, colourful but not busy, and not megabucks?

I am 5'4", size 12, average norkage and arse, short waisted, Brit-brunette colouring. Don't mind flashing leg, arm, decolletage, whatever.

Most of their clothes are pretty decent quality. Style wise they have a mix - some lovely classic things especially for work, and a few things that are frumptastic but you will spot them a mile off. I have several things from there and they tend to be quite durable.

Sizing - try stuff on, I have dresses in a 10,12 and 14 when I am normally a 14.

I did a market research thing for them a few weeks ago and they have some nice things in just now - some lovely coats and nice winter things. Also a few nice things in the NW3 range imo. I think their website undersells some of their clothes by not showing them on people!

I love the knitwear and shoes this season, and such gorgeous colours (mulberry coloured brogues!).

Lexilicious Thu 04-Oct-12 20:34:58

yikes! I am £400 and 4 glasses of bubbles down. grin

I have got... (for 20% off)
a stripy knitted top
a cream and black square-spotted blouse with black pussy bow
grey cigarette pants (nw3)
plum jeans
a blue patterned silk dress, elastic same fabric belt.

links tomorrow....

and I have a 15% voucher for that store lasting a year, and a goody bag with bottle of cava and a cute little ponyskin card wallet.

nice evening out.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 04-Oct-12 20:39:30

envy

I live about 200 miles from the nearest Hobbs.

envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now