Babyliss big hair- what exactly does it do & would it work for me?

(33 Posts)
Plinkityplonk Thu 04-Oct-12 16:16:34

I'm considering buying one but I'm in need of educating before I part with my cash! I have shoulder length hair with fairly long layers, it's wavy at the top and more curly towards the ends and it gets frizzy easily. I don't get time often to straighten it but want a smoother style with longer waves- would the big hair work for me and how easy/quick is it to use?

Pinot Fri 12-Oct-12 13:50:11

shiney you're maybe using too wide a chunk of hair? Do it in smaller bits and twirl in short bursts rather than holding it down. That stops my (same length as yours) hair snarling up. Defo the short bursts seems to work better for me anyway.

CaroleService Fri 12-Oct-12 14:30:02

If you like really big hair (touching the car roof) it is the bizz.

plaingirly Fri 12-Oct-12 17:47:40

I wash my hair on an evening and style - well brush - it on a morning.

Does it work on dry hair?

musttidyupmusttidyup Fri 12-Oct-12 20:57:26

I run it through the front and top on dry hair to sort it out a bit plaingirly it's fine but ends are smoother if you work from damp.

Sparklegeek Fri 12-Oct-12 21:31:48

Hope it's as good as you lot make out smile Have just bought one, Amazon have it for £32.99 if anyone's interested.

Womenandchickensfirst Fri 12-Oct-12 21:45:54

Ohh, I paid £45 in Boots this week, as mine packed in, and I literally couldn't go a day without it. I sat in a meeting in the morning when it broke, and just felt so un- groomed, so dashed out and replaced! They are fab!

Walnutcakelover Fri 12-Oct-12 21:57:54

Aaaahhh that's so sweet lulapalooza, you are welcome, and glad you liked it. I am nearly over this horrid cold.

CountryBelle Sat 13-Oct-12 13:20:06

Just bought one in boots this morning! (arghhhh MN - bad influence!) Normally wash my hair at night, but thinking if i just spray on some water to dampen in the morning it should do the trick??

Any tips for long (bra strap lenght) hair?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now