Dress for party in UK after getting married abroad

(14 Posts)
LittlePebble Sat 03-Nov-12 09:04:55

So back from wedding and have ordered this dress.
www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Little-Black-Dress/Cobweb-Sequin-Dress/201917050
What do you think? smile

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Sun 07-Oct-12 17:37:26

I do love the Verity one! Let us know what you end up with, Horace.

Verity on Ebay in a 12?

LittlePebble Sat 06-Oct-12 04:53:53

Thanks Horace, the last two are a bit too weddingy for me but I like the coast one (without black tights as you say)
Florence I really like that Karen Millen dress. I think I'm going to have to go try some dresses on. Definitely leaning towards the verity style dresses though (anyone finds one in a size 12 anywhere let me know!)

Nude, not white, but very pretty.
Not with the black tights they put her in, that's just wierd confused
Half price and beautiful.
I would wear something like This or This, but they might be too weddingy?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Fri 05-Oct-12 14:43:51
FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Fri 05-Oct-12 14:05:21
Chewbecca Thu 04-Oct-12 20:55:51

pied a terre dress is sort of similar to the verity, very flattering, makes you feel quite wow, lots of colours, no white though

LittlePebble Thu 04-Oct-12 17:08:40

Love the verity dress (typical!) and the bibi halter neck or Karen Mullen brown one. Vivienne Westwood probably a bit OTT for Devon and not keen on the frills round the neckline on the silver one....
I like the idea of white but can't find anything that doesn't look either bridal or Ibiza.

ruby22 Thu 04-Oct-12 14:17:17

would second the Verity dress, is truly amazing for what it can do to your figure.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 04-Oct-12 13:47:27

Sorry, just realised that Phase Eight now unavailable but worth checking them out anyway if that's the right budget as I have a similar shape to you and their dresses work well on me.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 04-Oct-12 13:34:18

With heels
Karren Millen
White, as it's your wedding...
Fifties style?
What sort of colour, length, style?

LittlePebble Thu 04-Oct-12 07:13:04

As it says above really, we're getting married in Italy and then having a party on our return. I don't want to wear my wedding dress as the party is in a bar. BUT I do want a fabulous dress as I am the bride.
I'm 5'3" and curvy but not overweight. Any suggestions for a dress to wow everyone in gratefully received. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now