Dress for party in UK after getting married abroad

(14 Posts)
LittlePebble Thu 04-Oct-12 07:13:04

As it says above really, we're getting married in Italy and then having a party on our return. I don't want to wear my wedding dress as the party is in a bar. BUT I do want a fabulous dress as I am the bride.
I'm 5'3" and curvy but not overweight. Any suggestions for a dress to wow everyone in gratefully received. :-)

With heels
Karren Millen
White, as it's your wedding...
Fifties style?
What sort of colour, length, style?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 04-Oct-12 13:34:18
FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 04-Oct-12 13:47:27

Sorry, just realised that Phase Eight now unavailable but worth checking them out anyway if that's the right budget as I have a similar shape to you and their dresses work well on me.

ruby22 Thu 04-Oct-12 14:17:17

would second the Verity dress, is truly amazing for what it can do to your figure.

LittlePebble Thu 04-Oct-12 17:08:40

Love the verity dress (typical!) and the bibi halter neck or Karen Mullen brown one. Vivienne Westwood probably a bit OTT for Devon and not keen on the frills round the neckline on the silver one....
I like the idea of white but can't find anything that doesn't look either bridal or Ibiza.

Chewbecca Thu 04-Oct-12 20:55:51

pied a terre dress is sort of similar to the verity, very flattering, makes you feel quite wow, lots of colours, no white though

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Fri 05-Oct-12 14:05:21
FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Fri 05-Oct-12 14:43:51

Nude, not white, but very pretty.
Not with the black tights they put her in, that's just wierd confused
Half price and beautiful.
I would wear something like This or This, but they might be too weddingy?

LittlePebble Sat 06-Oct-12 04:53:53

Thanks Horace, the last two are a bit too weddingy for me but I like the coast one (without black tights as you say)
Florence I really like that Karen Millen dress. I think I'm going to have to go try some dresses on. Definitely leaning towards the verity style dresses though (anyone finds one in a size 12 anywhere let me know!)

Verity on Ebay in a 12?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Sun 07-Oct-12 17:37:26

I do love the Verity one! Let us know what you end up with, Horace.

LittlePebble Sat 03-Nov-12 09:04:55

So back from wedding and have ordered this dress.
www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Little-Black-Dress/Cobweb-Sequin-Dress/201917050
What do you think? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now