Please help me choose between 2 down filled coats!

(80 Posts)

Ok, I have to have one of these, but there's a fairly steep price gap between the two, so it's pulling my head apart.

Here is the first, the expensive one:

www.zalando.co.uk/tommy-hilfiger-greenwich-down-coat-blue-to121h00a-503.html

Can also see it modeled at the Hilfiger site in a diff colour here:

uk.tommy.com/Maine/1M87616096,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=101000#!color%3D939_CHOCOLATE_TORTE%26i%3D2

I Love the length (perfect for me) and the style, looks so warm and durable.

And here is the less expensive one, a tad but shorter (or is the model just super tall??) and not as 'shaped' as the first coat...but lovely hood and looks fairly durable:

www.asos.com/Wrangler/Wrangler-Padded-Parka-With-Faux-Fur-Trimmed-Hood/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2444674&cid=2623&Rf900=1459,3717&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Navy

It's killing me, what would you do?
I would intend this to last a long time, so a bit of an investment.

At winter in wales its always freezing and raining. Other times of the year its just raining!

mathanxiety Sat 06-Oct-12 02:29:19

A lot of the coats and jackets I got in the US specified the three tennis balls on the care label.

mathanxiety Sat 06-Oct-12 02:30:06

You really need a dryer to get down properly dry. Do you have a laundrette anywhere handy?

Nevstar Sun 02-Dec-12 01:26:53

Artic vs Juneau Northface Parkers ?? Anyone know the difference and any comments ?

pinkhousesarebest Sun 02-Dec-12 11:23:23

The North Face Arctic is not a thing of beauty. But it is fantastic in the cold . I bought mine three years ago from EBay US, and it was significantly cheaper than buying in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now