Been done to death I know but... boots for the VERY chunky of leg?

(60 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Tue 25-Sep-12 08:34:25

I'm 5ft, and I have what can politely be described as "rugby player" legs. They're not flabby, but they are large in proportion to my height. I also have cankles.

I've tried on boots in Clarks, M&S etc marked "wider fitting" and they don't even get near getting round my calf or my ankle, or depressingly, both! sad

In an attempt to elaborate (and publically humiliate myself!) I have measured my calf and my ankle (at the bony bit) is 9"/23cm and the widest bit of my calf is 15"/38cm shock

So tell me, where do I get nice knee-high leather boots (mid calf make me look really dumpy due to my height) without major studdage/fancy bits and a sensible heel, something like these.

Please?

CarpeJugulum Thu 04-Oct-12 16:13:36

Got a friend in to help me re-measure and mine are 42.5 (so have gone for a 42).

I blame my tape measure wink

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Thu 04-Oct-12 16:14:57

<eyes Carole's calves suspiciously, Spaghetti Western style>

I find Evans boots are too broad in the ankle, so look a bit baggy.

50smellsofshite Thu 04-Oct-12 16:19:51

Mine are 480mm so there! I'm the winner...of a very sad competition grin
I'm 5'9" and size 18 and have massive calves - bloody maternal genes that my sister seems to have escaped - the bitch.

Is there a ginormous-legged lady first prize?

CarpeJugulum Thu 04-Oct-12 16:28:15

I console myself with the thought that I have the ability to kick harder than anyone I know. It's a kudos giving thing at local fairs when there is a "Beat the Goalie" stall - I always win grin

HotSlate Thu 04-Oct-12 16:41:59

Hope the new boots fit OP!

I am fat of calf - know what you mean about ankle boots looking like trotters Condoleezza grin

As an aside (in the hope that boot sellers may read this):

It would be bloody helpful if website retailers gave calf measurements - even approximate would be helpful - to save me lusting after styles which won't go near me.

Where boots are concerned, ankle and calf measurements are every bit as important as shoe size.

And it would save them having to process returns from all the disappointed fat-calved people.

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Thu 04-Oct-12 16:48:46

Fat calved people will reasonably slim ankles, in particular.

Kormachameleon Thu 04-Oct-12 18:07:55

Mine are bigger too

I have freakishly large calf muscles

showtunesgirl Thu 04-Oct-12 18:10:56

I have "chicken drumstick" legs. Small calves - 18.5cm, big calves - 38cm!

CarpeJugulum Mon 08-Oct-12 18:06:22

They arrived.

They fit!!! (a bit baggy round the ankle, but nothing a thick pair of socks won't fix, which is a good thing anyway!)

I love DUO!!!! (and will be avidly browsing the sales!)

Dollydowser Mon 08-Oct-12 19:28:02

Thank goodness for that. I love a happy ending grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now