Anyone looking for cosy, longsleeved, flattering dress, this just arrived and is fantastic...

(95 Posts)
TheBirdsTheBirds Fri 21-Sep-12 12:40:57

www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Boat-Neck-Knitted-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2240586&SearchQuery=asos%20navy%20dress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Navy. I've never bought any ASOS brand stuff before, but it's bargainous, 100% cotton, feels so cosy and great quality. Also not as short on me (5'5") as it looks in the picture.

NettoSpookerstar Tue 09-Oct-12 18:46:51

Asda
I have the leopard print ones too, though not worn them yet, and the diamond ones, which looked good with one of the other dresses.

Curtsey Tue 09-Oct-12 18:30:10

Where'd you get the animal print tights Netto ? Love your outfit and Birds's belt.

OneMoreGo Tue 09-Oct-12 18:02:59

I really hope they get more of that blue boat neck dress in! I so want to buy one! sad

Yes, we would look rather stupid!

TheBirdsTheBirds Tue 09-Oct-12 13:01:44

Nice scarf, I like the combination of pretty and edgy.. grin I hope we never meet Netto as we now have very similar wardrobes.

I like that belt, might get it tomorrow.
I'm wearing the grey dress today too, with animal print tights, grey flat boots and this scarf

TheBirdsTheBirds Tue 09-Oct-12 12:29:08

That's good to know Netto. I just looked at it again and it's not actually that similar to the first one I linked, the waist is different.

I didn't order that green one you linked in the end, I couldn't see the strange sleeves when I first looked at it on my phone... If it had been that colour and a plain jumper dress shape I might have got it.

By the way, this belt in burgundy goes really well with the grey and the navy dresses. It's super skinny and delicate, no holes so doesn't matter what size your waist is, and it's a lighter, pinker burgundy than it looks in the photo. Am wearing it today with the grey dress smile

I've got that in black, it's lovely on.
Might order the red too.

TheBirdsTheBirds Mon 08-Oct-12 16:58:43

Not sure how stock levels are now of the first dress I linked, but I've just found another one that looks pretty much the same, in red, also 100% cotton. Needless to say, I have ordered it...

TheBirdsTheBirds Sun 30-Sep-12 22:48:08

I love that green one you linked to Netto, will order it tomorrow I think!

Medal Sun 30-Sep-12 21:37:18

Dammit why are there none in my size left! Hope ASOS get some more in.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Sun 30-Sep-12 20:33:53

California, go onto the ASOS site and search for 'boat neck knitted dress' - it's the one that comes in blue & grey £30.00.

Another one
Not for me, I'm too short, it would be far too long on me and look Mumsey.

californiastars Sun 30-Sep-12 19:56:50

Is the link broken or is it just me?

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Sun 30-Sep-12 19:39:58

*brown boots!

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Sun 30-Sep-12 18:26:29

Thank you OP!! I ordered this in blue and it is gorgeous! V slimming and comfortable smile dh loves it too. Wore it with black leggings and brown today - felt utterly fab. I'm 5'6 btw.

Shit, ordered. sorry bank balance
That's lovely.
I'm loving my new found dress wearing, I never thought I could carry one off, but have got so many compliments, and all have been MN recommendations.
That's me bought five now though, enough I think, just need to get recs on dressing them in different ways.

Curtsey Sat 29-Sep-12 19:30:06

Wow, good one lurking (glad you found the thread). Colours don't work for me but that actually looks way more expensive than it is. Another 100% cotton piece also. Have to say, the asos range has some brilliant basics (and is fab for maternity wear).

Curtsey Sat 29-Sep-12 19:29:39

Wow, good one lurking (glad you found the thread.) Colours don't work for me but that actually looks way more expensive than it is. Another 100% cotton piece also. Have to say, the asos range has some brilliant basics (and is fab for maternity wear).

lurkingaround Sat 29-Sep-12 19:17:48

I'm new to this thread (how did I miss it), but I think the dress might be too short and too high on the neck. BUT while I was shopping just looking around, I saw this knitted dress which has what looks like a v flattering neckline and shape. Again, short for me I think, but nice eh? 5cm longer and it would be mine.

trixymalixy Sat 29-Sep-12 12:58:04

Have pmed you beingblonde.

I've had so many compliments on this dress.

Beingblonde Sat 29-Sep-12 09:27:58

Trixy I have PM'd you about the blue size 14!

PippiL Thu 27-Sep-12 17:11:46

Size 12 with 32Es! But have a smallish waist after having lost a considerable amount of weight and although my legs aren't like a race horse's it would be nice to get them out a bit more.

Damn them and their next day delivery which ended at 5pm. I was under time pressure!

I'd say it does make your boobs look larger, not bad on me as a 34b, but it is flattering on the bum.
I'm an 8, but pear shaped, and it is great on the hips/thighs/arse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now