Anyone looking for cosy, longsleeved, flattering dress, this just arrived and is fantastic...

(95 Posts)
TheBirdsTheBirds Fri 21-Sep-12 12:40:57

www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Boat-Neck-Knitted-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2240586&SearchQuery=asos%20navy%20dress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Navy. I've never bought any ASOS brand stuff before, but it's bargainous, 100% cotton, feels so cosy and great quality. Also not as short on me (5'5") as it looks in the picture.

Tis lovely, will buy next week.
Can't get it now as bought the owl dress yesterday!

SomethingOnce Sat 22-Sep-12 12:18:20

Oh, lovely - good find! Lucky you smile

Exactly what I'm after too, but at 5'10" I think it'd be a bit short on me.

Anyone seen anything similar in natural fibre that comes up longer?

trixymalixy Sat 22-Sep-12 12:20:58

Hmm, DH's first comment was "it's a bit short". I also have quite a long body and the waist doesn't sit in the right place. Shame as the length doesn't bother me too much and it is lovely otherwise.

What's the owl dress?

CountryBelle Sat 22-Sep-12 12:21:57

Lovely ones on celtic sheepskin!!

owl dress

I'm only 5'2, so no chance of it being too short on me.

trixymalixy Sat 22-Sep-12 12:49:32

Some of the girls on the MN vogue have said that the Celtic Sheepskin dresses are a bit shapeless.

The owl dress is nice, but don't think it would suit me.

SomethingOnce Sat 22-Sep-12 12:50:20

Thanks for updating trixy. Between my height and long torso, seems this would be just another ill-fitting long top...

Nice dresses, Belle? I wouldn't have thought of them - maybe I took the name too literally as I imagine it to be all, um, sheepskin stuff in a fleecy sort of way!

SomethingOnce Sat 22-Sep-12 12:54:50

How I envy the OP her cosy, longsleeved, flattering dress in natural fibre envy

Scootergrrrl Sat 22-Sep-12 13:06:37

Can the people who have already ordered it tell me what they're going to wear it with? I really like the look of it but have many dresses which hang uselessly in my wardrobe while I wear my go-to unform of jeans, stripy top and Converse blush. Inspire me then I can buy it - and possibly even wear it!

Sod it, orderedgrin

Pinot Sat 22-Sep-12 14:50:36

Nice dress but I fear us large-titted lovelies would look awful in it. Same with owl dress.

Thanks Trixy grin

I'm still undecided confused

I've never ordered from ASOS before, are they fine about returns anyone know?

orangeandlemons Sat 22-Sep-12 15:16:55

I'd like it with a lower neck. Agree with Pinot

SomethingOnce Sat 22-Sep-12 15:40:44

MissKL I had no probs at all when I returned a load of stuff to ASOS. No guarantee they're always good, of course.

TheBirdsTheBirds Sat 22-Sep-12 16:05:59

ASOS are fine with returns, have been in the past anyway. Free usually I think, and free delivery too.

Just wear with tights and boots Scootergrrl, add skinny belt if you like.... Sorry thats not very inspiring is it smile

TheBirdsTheBirds Sat 22-Sep-12 16:08:12

And yes maybe it is better for the shorter, flatter chested people among us. I will try to consider that with my next dress recommendation!

TheBirdsTheBirds Sat 22-Sep-12 16:16:24

The owl dress is so cute! I can't wear anything with shoulder frills or details though, as my shoulders are broad and I feel like a man in drag grin

I'll be wearing a cardi over it, as my arms are permanently bruised due to medication I take.

3duracellbunnies Sat 22-Sep-12 16:32:46

Love the look of it, but wrong colours for me, anyone seen anything similar in dark pink/purple/dark green?

trixymalixy Sat 22-Sep-12 17:35:38

ASOS are very good with returns usually.

I'm actually considering exchanging for the bigger size and see if it hangs a bit longer in the waist.

I find a slash neck quite flattering and I have big norks.

mummyonthewedge Sat 22-Sep-12 17:56:02

Pinot I have bought it in both colours and will wear it with opaques/leggings and flat shoes (bikers, ballets or brogues), and a denim or leather jacket with a scarf. It is on the short side but with flat shoes and full leg coverage I think it will be ok for mummy day wear.

CakeInMyFace Sat 22-Sep-12 22:55:34

Just bought it. Can't wait for arrival!

MoomieAndFreddie Sun 23-Sep-12 12:10:53

OMG i love that

i might get it in the grey

fraggle73 Sun 23-Sep-12 12:54:02

Would it hide a tummy...

TheBirdsTheBirds Sun 23-Sep-12 20:02:39

I'm not sure fraggle but it does nip you in nicely at the waist.

Hopefully some other people will update once theirs arrive (and hopefully I won't be the only one who likes it grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now