Can we have a roll-call of online shops which do free returns?

(59 Posts)
GraceVentura Wed 19-Sep-12 16:44:41

I've got a thing about paying to send things back which don't live up to their sparkly online promise.

I can just about live with paying for delivery, but obv free delivery AND returns is best.

- Javari tops my list for lovely free-ness (free delivery and returns).
- Debenhams, White Stuff and John Lewis do free returns too.

Lands End and White Company have been crossed off my online shopping list due to their stingy 'get your wallet out at the Post Office' policy.

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 08-Apr-13 14:35:58

JoJo does free delivery, but you always have to pay for returns - they are never free with any promotion (I have trawled the internet in the past looking for codes)

Frugi does free delivery but you have to pay for returns

I always return things to store (lately Debenhams, M&S and Phase Eight), rather than post them back, if there is a store near me and even if there are free returns. takes the risk away from the parcel being lost, and you get your refund quicker. But I don't have a JoJo or a Frugi or a White Company near me unfortunately.

LadyMountbatten Mon 08-Apr-13 14:26:59

i couldnt shop at Baujken - the very name sounds like a big burp

foxysocks Mon 08-Apr-13 14:24:23

the best ones are boden (i also save the returns labels), asos, zalando, NAP, zara, atterly road

my shit list includes

Shop at Anna - £8!! delivery AND you have to pay returns, outrageous
outnet is annoying with the restocking fee, but it's still only £3or whatever which is not much considering the discounts they offer, and at least they use couriers to pick up direct.
baukjen - also £5 delivery and you pay to returns and they have no high st presence AFAIK, awful
H&M - just awful, am on a self imposed H&M ban for lots of reasons and this is one of them

CambridgeBlue Mon 08-Apr-13 14:13:23

Watch out if you pay by Paypal as well - many places that accept returns in store can't process a refund if you originally paid this way as I have found out to my cost. Stands to reason I guess but I hadn't realised.

LadyMountbatten Mon 08-Apr-13 12:47:23

zaras returns are a pita though

my net a porter courier said " everyone returns stuff from this store" rather dolefully.

He was right

LadyMountbatten Mon 08-Apr-13 12:46:38

NEW LOOK have this thing where if you order online and deliver to "store" ( no ones says shops any more!) then you cant return it for 24 hours!!
so I went in, collected parcel, tried on, disliked and couldnt return

WTF is that about?

LadyMountbatten Mon 08-Apr-13 12:45:28

i am a new convert to collect+

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 08-Apr-13 10:29:03

I have big feet sad and order online from companies such as Tall Girls and Katie Long, who only do mailorder.
You have to pay for returns, and now the post office have massively increased parcel prices, would cost me about £10-15 if I had to return items.
So frustrating.

iMe Mon 08-Apr-13 10:24:04

My gold stars go to:
Zalando
Esprit
Javari
Boden
John Lewis

justasecond Sun 07-Apr-13 23:24:58

That is correct re the distnce selling rules and original delivery costs but retailers rarely give you the original delivery charge back which is really cheeky. On many an occasion I have phoned up and quoted the DSR to them and they soon cough up. Just recently I have had to do this with Heals, Dune, Uniqlo and The Outnet, who say they give you back the delivery charge of £5.95 but then charge you a £8 restocking fee! I think we should have a MN campaign against this.

Uniqlo do free returns via Collect +. Good job as my local one was turned into Iceland last year sad

Am always ordering and returning for free to H & M. The Hermes courier comes to collect, so it really is completely hassle free. I didn't receive my refund once within the specified time limit, but emailed them and I received it the next day.

crochetcircle Sun 07-Apr-13 23:07:53

Joules

M&S

Corygal Sun 07-Apr-13 23:02:12

Second the HM thing - free returns but you never get a refund.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sun 07-Apr-13 22:36:30

Topshop, Miss Selfridge, ASOS.

Haha, H&M!!!!!
They might offer free returns but you won't get your money back! Allowing you to send it back for free is about as generous as it gets.

"Thank you for returning your item. We will keep your money!"

suebfg Sun 07-Apr-13 22:20:35

Yes, retailers keep it quiet - well worth highlighting!!!

You can be liable for the return costs, but they have to clearly state that in their terms and conditions, if I remember right- may not be right though!

Just thought I would mention it, as I have been caught with items of say £15 before, had a £4 delivery charge, and then a return of £4 too, so kept the item as it took a large portion of the cost anyway, IYSWIM? At least this way, it would cost you £4, not £8. Retailers don't tell you about this, or offer it normally.

H&M rip you off by only offering a credit note if you return in store, not a full refund.

suebfg Sun 07-Apr-13 22:04:38

I think under the Distance Selling Regulations, you can be liable for the cost of returning the items so you might get your delivery costs refunded but you have to pay for the returns???

suebfg Sun 07-Apr-13 22:03:40

I have a policy of not buying online unless there are free returns and I rarely buy unless there is free delivery too. Love the idea of saving the returns labels. I always order over the amount required to obtain free delivery and return any unwanted items (especially good for John Lewis as their returns/customer service is excellent and only have to spend over £50)

Don't know if everyone knows this, according to the Distance Selling Regulations, if you return everything you have ordered, you are entitled to a full refund, including delivery, within 7 days. You need to get in touch with them, tell them you are returning it, and ask for the delivery costs to be refunded too.

ohforfoxsake Sun 07-Apr-13 21:47:52

Wallis

iamabadger Sun 07-Apr-13 21:46:57

Atterley Road. AND you can get the stuff delivered by Royal Mail to avoid be at the mercy of fucking yodel/Hermes/other bastards.

David4177 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:41:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GraceVentura Wed 19-Sep-12 19:46:58

"I think it's a fecking cheek, if it was so easy to get to the store in the first place people would go!"

Exactly. Maybe they should start charging 50p for every item you try on in store which doesn't fit you? In the interests of 'transparency of costs' of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now