What trend/style can you not wait to rock this autumn?

(123 Posts)
InspiredToBoot Fri 17-Aug-12 20:48:49

For me it's ankle boots even though it will mean hiding the seven pairs of calf boots I have from my husband.

InspiredToBoot Fri 17-Aug-12 22:00:44

Agreed Bienchen. I think ankle boots are less flattering than calf boots, pencoots, but quite fancy a change.

Quite jealous about your tweed skirt. I'd love a knee-lenght tweed skirt that can be worn with calf boots but can't find one.

Back to MN Vogue for me then...

I'm 27, btw, if that helps?

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 17-Aug-12 22:06:49

Oh yes I've got some of the ash genial wedges in plum and know they are very marmite but I like them and they're comfortable.

I also like ankle boots but I am short and so for maximum leg lenghtening they need to be similar colour to my jeans and have a heel. But I always wear heels.

I also have some leopard print jeans that I got in the Donna Ida sale which I'm looking forward to wearing.

I much prefer AW clothes to summer ones - mainly because I am very pale and like to be covered up.

InspiredToBoot Fri 17-Aug-12 22:07:20

Come back Amber! I'm an old bag and know NOTHING!

MarshaBrady Fri 17-Aug-12 22:08:11

Amber's a youngun! And looks like Miranda Kerr. She can do it grin

InspiredToBoot Fri 17-Aug-12 22:12:43

She deffo can!

So! We have:

-ankle boots
-leopard skinnies
-animal prints everywhere
funny trainer shoe-thingies hightops

what else?

MarshaBrady Fri 17-Aug-12 22:14:34

peacoat
new riding-ish bitter dark chocolate semi-gloss boots (no I haven't been thinking about these for years. ooh no)

Willowme Fri 17-Aug-12 22:15:27

Love your hightops kato mine are v similar only they are tan. I'm a young un too I'll have u know, still in my twenties (for another 48hrs) wink

InspiredToBoot Fri 17-Aug-12 22:16:55

Marsha may we have a link to both please?

And I've just remember something I want, biker jacket. Any recommendations?

I am always pleased to see lots of black and goth-inspired stuff in the September magazines.

I have a lovely brocade cossack style skirt that I hardly ever wear because I never know what to wear on my feet with it, but I will try and wear that somehow.

I picked some very subtle grey printed skinnies up when shopping with 15 year old dd2 the other day but she pulled a hmm face so I put them down again! Am prob too old and too short for such things.

And hopefully there will be some t-shirts and knitwear around in colours which actually suit me - am hoping for lots of lovely greys and perhaps some burgundy.

orangina Fri 17-Aug-12 22:24:28

Inspired, some lovely leather jackets in Whistles (had a little rifle through the racks there this morning, going "ooh" and "ahh"....). Again, hopeless website to link to, but I was taken by a collarless version with zips up the sleeves...

(taps nose knowingly)

orangina Fri 17-Aug-12 22:25:47

It's called "Molly collarless bubbleskin"

(go figure)

EightiesChick Fri 17-Aug-12 22:27:43

Mum jeans wink. It's that bad. Tbh if I lost some weight I would consider wearing any clothing in a smaller size, however unstylish, as a massive win.

What colours are big this autumn? I can at least aspire to wearing fashionable colours.

My biker jacket was from Oasis and I bloomin' love it - looks and feels more expensive than it was.

MarshaBrady Fri 17-Aug-12 22:30:53

Ok these are pretty much my pie in the sky when I've done some work boots. Not sure if they do the bitter choc I'm after but I like those too.

This is my pie in the sky all black look Remus might like it.

And I can't find the Burberry or Derek Lam peacoat.

This is ooh yes please, stuff. Not definitely will be. (too much)

Bienchen Fri 17-Aug-12 22:31:05

Forgot about leather jackets! Thanks for the reminder orangina

Lolz at looking like MK. Maybe when she was pregnant.

I like the look of the slouchy jumper and skinny bottoms but noooooooooooooo to leather leggings.

teejwood Fri 17-Aug-12 22:45:40

Right - just asked this on t'other thread but maybe here is a better place.... are leather/pleather straight leg jeans a reasonable alternative to leggings this A/W or is it just better to avoid if you don't have the legs for the leggings?

Other than that, am really looking for A/W inspiration so interested to see all the links here....

MarshaBrady Fri 17-Aug-12 22:47:09

Interesting Remus. Not sure I could ever do them. Might be like leopard print or a hat, actually and a silk scarf not for me. I'm curious but feel too strange/like an air and take it off. Could be the same for leather leggings.

Amber grin oh I forget you are younger!

Teej I'm not sure, could be difficult around the ankles?

MarshaBrady Fri 17-Aug-12 22:47:39

like an air, is like an air hostess in a scarf

MrsRyanLochte Fri 17-Aug-12 23:00:44

I never 'got' high tops until I saw a pic of MK in them, think it's all in the styling. Would link but on phone.

Definitely love AW more than SS. Very much looking forward to ankle boots, total dream trend for my shotputter's calves. Like the leather trend, was thinking of going for a skirt rather than trousers though. Maybe worn with cable or ribbed wool tights and ankle boots. Have yet to find one I like though. Looking forward to lots of coloured skinnies - plum, deep red, forest green and what FC refer to as earl grey which is sort of khaki.

InspiredToBoot Fri 17-Aug-12 23:01:26

Last autumn, ponchos and knitted capes/wraps were all the rage. Do you think they will still be around this yr?

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 17-Aug-12 23:04:37

I think they will Inspired - VB was in some cape thing recently and she's normally pretty on trend wink

I've got a couple of ponchos/capes and like them for inbetweeny days.

But two friends have just bought this coat which I'm rather loving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now