How do I stop m'damned shoes sliding off?

(35 Posts)
JodieHarsh Tue 31-Jul-12 10:17:01

I ordered some amazing shoes of amzingness in the sales, namely these and these.

They fit well, are comfortable, and are so lovely I want to cry.

But about every third step my heel lifts out of them and they fall off. They're not too big or anything.

This happens a lot if I get high-heeled courts. Is there anything I can do about it or are they going to have to go back to the shop sad

GetOrfMoiRing Tue 31-Jul-12 11:51:34

Don't tell mum!

I think wearing that hat will make you feel about 7 feet tall and incredibly glam - you will have the hat to live up to iyswim.

I hope you have a lovely time.

JodieHarsh Tue 31-Jul-12 11:53:04

THANK YOU smile

I have exactly the same problem with ballet pumps too. Basically anything that doesn't have a strap. Thanks for posting this!

Off to find panty liners haha. And I'm sure you'll look glam with the shoes.

JodieHarsh Tue 31-Jul-12 12:51:14

Happy shopping One!

Right, I can report back.

They are better, but not totally solved.

The first pair have those horrible blue cushiony shoe liners in now (they were 1/2 a size too big), and heel grips. They are now crushing my little toes, but they're not slipping much at all.

The second pair have only the heel grips, and are still slipping a bit, but not as much. I might put a shoe liner in those too - I'd rather have foot-crushing injuries than fall over in front of 150 guests and flash my knickers grin

Janey125 Sun 03-Nov-13 12:53:21

I have the same problem and the only thing that worked for me was shoesizers. They are a new product that come in 3 different sizes and make your shoes fit perfectly. Insoles and heel grips just dont work! I am so glad i discovered them.
www.shoesizers.com

phillio Tue 18-Mar-14 15:29:59

What the average life of a pair of heel grips.. a couple days.. a week? months?

phillio Tue 18-Mar-14 15:32:01

I was gonna go for some of these because there cheap... nuovahealth.co.uk/shop/heel-grips will they last just as long as "branded" heel grips? anyone got a clue or tried them before? they all look pretty much the same to me

agedknees Tue 18-Mar-14 16:43:30

I had a problem pair of shoes and bought shoesizers because of Janey's recommendation. They are great.

Many thanks Janey.

Forgettable Tue 18-Mar-14 16:47:35

Awwwwww bummer

Didn't realise this was a Zombie thread, got all excited cos getorf was back, but no. /sadface

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now