ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Good product for frizzy hair?

(21 Posts)
valiumredhead Tue 27-Nov-12 08:38:54

L'Oreal Extrodainary Oil

Tigi Blow Out Balm - if you blow dry.

Argan Oil

A Parlux hair drier really helped tame my frizzy hair.

decktheballs Mon 26-Nov-12 23:03:34

I use twisted sista products. They're very cheap but for me anyway I think it's great

chocolateteabag Mon 26-Nov-12 23:00:02

The kits on amazon are about £30 so much cheaper than in a salon, and if you hate the effect then normal shampoo will reverse it out (washes out the keratin)

Ah, ok, that's worth knowing, I must admit I assumed it meant straight hair.

chocolateteabag Mon 26-Nov-12 21:47:40

I had the Brazilian blowdry mini done in Saks where it was just blow dried in - lasted for 8 weeks and my hair was lovely and frizz free but not "poker" straight

However that was £90 on top of cut and colour so have done it at home with the keratin kits a couple of times. You can use straightners if you want, but just pointing out that you don't have to.

I'd never really considered the Keratin treatments - I thought you had to use straighteners to activate it? My hair doesn't look good straight.

chocolateteabag Mon 26-Nov-12 21:27:12

Try a Keratin kit from Amazon - the at home version of a Brazilian blowdry ( no formaldehyde in this one)
You have to use salt free shampoo which is a built of a faff to find but Boots Organix Argan oil one is ok I think

Lovely smooth hair - if you don't want it straight, just blow dry in rather than straighten it.

I've tried practically every product mentioned here over the last two years and been using sulphate/silicone free products for 95% of that time. My hair is in fantastic condition, as in silky, no split ends, looks fabulous when it has just dried but no matter what I do it looks awful the next day, lanky with a frizzy halo. In desperation I've bought the Extraordinary oil, but too soon to decide whether I like it or not.

Mumelie Mon 26-Nov-12 20:51:55

I would also recommend the Naked range from Boots for frizzy hair. Too much for my fine curls by I had no frizz at all. Use sparingly!

EllenParsons Mon 26-Nov-12 17:51:45

Aussie frizz miracle shampoo and conditioner, and Aussie frizz miracle dual personality serum. These are all amazing on my hair.

I like to alternate products as for some reason they can get less effective if I use the same ones every day, so I also really like the herbal essences hello hydration products with body shop grape seed glossing serum or body shop brazil nut define and no frizz ceam.

All of these keep my hair frizz free and actually make it a lot straighter as well.

bishboschone Mon 26-Nov-12 15:48:33

Body shop products have changed my hair completely !

Firsttimer7259 Mon 26-Nov-12 15:38:48

Extraordinary oil is full of silicone, its not really an oil at all. Dont use if youre doing the curly girl method. Had a dry, fuzzy head for a week, needed a double shampoo to get it out.

RollerCola Wed 27-Jun-12 07:40:56

The frizz is dryness caused by sulphates in shampoo (found in about 98% of shampoos)

Start using a natural, sulphate-free shampoo and you'll notice a big difference. The Naked range in Boots is sulphate free, and I think Tesco have started selling Faith in Nature. Don't wash more than 2-3 times a week (less if you can) to give your hair chance to re-hydrate and start to produce its own natural oils.

Moisturise with LOTS of conditioner, but if your using a sulphate-free shampoo you'll need a natural conditioner too that doesn't contain and silicones (without a sulphate 'poo you wont be able to wash them out & they'll build up on your hair making it dull) I like Tresemme Naturals conditioner cos it's quite cheap & comes in a big bottle.

My hair used to be v frizzy, but I now have nice bouncy curls smile

I just started doing the curly girl method this week. I've started using the Naked range from Boots as they contain no sulphates or silicones which is important when you have curly hair.

ComradeJing Wed 27-Jun-12 04:14:24

Watching with interest. I have horrible frizz post having DD 18 months ago. It's only going to get worse now I'm pg with no 2. I look like I have a permanent halo and NEVER look neat unless I've straightened my hair and used lots of hair spray.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Wed 27-Jun-12 02:07:53

I'd recommend the Curly Girl method.
www.naturallycurly.com

It seems like a lot of faffing about at first but it works wonders and after a while you figure out what your hair needs. The website has amazing before-and-after pictures.

SoldeInvierno Tue 26-Jun-12 19:18:41

Kerastase Oleo Curl

L'oreal Extraordinary oil - it is amazing, people keep commenting on my hair. About a tenner from Tescos.

Emo76 Tue 26-Jun-12 19:15:27

I recommend tigi curls rock curl amplifier - use on damp hair.

Itsgottabebags Tue 26-Jun-12 18:52:20

Aveda be curly range.

Go to a counter explain your dilemma and they will probably give you some samples. They did with me.

Maria2007loveshersleep Tue 26-Jun-12 18:39:23

Hi all, I have curly frizzy hair & I wondered if you know of any good quality products for frizzy hair that you would recommend? I want to stop having to straighten my hair all the time so wondering if I can improve it when it's curly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now