Small boobs...

(777 Posts)
1950sHousewife Fri 11-May-12 18:20:43

AIBU to think that I could find a bra that is uplifting, but not wodged full of foam, which will be flattering on those of us who are not overendowed on the boobicular area?
At the moment it either looks like I'm completely flat chested, or have two bean bags shoved down there.

I am struggling to find a bra that's pretty and supportive. Any recommendations?

WildThongonthesparklytree Sat 24-Nov-12 14:22:09

Here is a discount code for brastop.com
AUTUMN12
And if you go through quidco you get cashback as well.

SorrelForbes Sat 24-Nov-12 14:32:09

Thanks Wild. I've got my eye on another Fauve!

SorrelForbes Sat 24-Nov-12 14:35:57

Ah, that code has expired unfortunately.

WildThongonthesparklytree Sat 24-Nov-12 17:35:51

sorry! blush

I thought it was valid until the end of the month

MsRinky Mon 26-Nov-12 19:52:09

Sorry, I forgot to come back and update have been busy admiring my new bosom

I am now the proud owner of two gorgeous new bras in size 36E. No underarm flab, no back fat, just pert fabulous breasts. thanks

SorrelForbes Mon 26-Nov-12 19:56:26

Excellent!

hohohohawthers Tue 27-Nov-12 07:25:40

I'm off to do some trying on tomorrow but I'm a bit miffed confused by the bravissimo fitting I had.

I measure 30 and 34/35 so by the power of the thread I'm looking at a 30d/dd. but bravissimo put me in a 32c/d as 'my boobs aren't that heavy so don't need the support of a 30'.

I'm currently wearing a 34a which I can pull out about 4 inches at the back so clearly the wrong size and the bravissimo lady said 34 are for size 14 ish which all corresponds to what's been said on here and I know they do it by sight not measuring. But I'm an 8-10 so surely I should be a 30.plus the 32d she had me in placed my boobs really high and was very reminiscent of my teenage years when I was trying to justify needing a bra. Not a good look...

I just don't want to get more wrong sized bras and feeling even more confused.

CelticPromise Tue 27-Nov-12 07:36:21

Hmmm it sounds as though more trying on is the way to go. Perhaps the Bravissimo one was the wrong style. Did you tell them you weren't happy? A size is only a starting point, you might be slightly different sizes in different styles and makes, you would have to try them all on. Also don't worry too much about dress size, I'm a 16 and measure 31 inches so it doesn't always correspond.

I'd try a 30E and see if you are comfortable, but be prepared to try close sizes too. I'm sure the experts will be along with some better advice!

Yup, the dress size thing isn't always true- I'm roughly a 14 and a 30 back. I would try a 30d/dd and see how it feels. You will probably find your boobs are much higher in a good bra though, but some styles will make this more obvious than others.

Surely the dress size is more defined by the overbust measurement?

FWIW I'm size 14 top and 32D or thereabouts depending on brand.

It gives a very rough idea because of waist size haunted. Someone who wears a size 8 has about a 26" waist according to size charts, so it's pretty unlikely they will have managed to expand to say 34" by the time you reach their underbust measurement. Actually I think waist size is probably more of an indication anyway- I'm quite hourglass so my waist is a smaller dress size than the rest of me. Which ties in with the narrow back size.

Yeah I get what you are saying. But surely waist (or in my case thighs) will be more representative for trouser size - which for me is a 16.

Surely even if someone had a 28 underbust but, I dunno a 36+ overbust the size 8 which you might predict from underbust would not accomodate very large cups. Or is this where a correctly fitting bra may actually help bring things back to where they should be?

I guess I am arguing that its a bit of both but I would expect the overbust to potentially skew the expectations for those with a fuller bust.

Overbust for those with biggish boobs massively skews especially on a size chart. Going by my measurements I am something like a 16-18 hip, a 10-12 waist and a size 20 bust. In reality I wear a 16 in trousers or jeans, a 12 or 14 in dresses and the same in tops. And I dont buy shirts unless they are from pepperberry when I buy a 12sc. Confusing!

ThoughtBen10WasBadPokemonOMG Tue 27-Nov-12 14:40:40

30E :D

Thank you! So thats from 36a through 32c through to 30e.

Did I say :D

thingy1 Tue 27-Nov-12 21:54:32

Just wanted to come and thank you ladies, I hv gone from being 32/34b to 28E/30DD (depending on make of bra).

Thank you, thank you, thank you flowers.

SorrelForbes Wed 28-Nov-12 09:27:45

Great news! grin

My 28D Curvy Kate bra arrived this morning from Figleaves. It fits fine as 28 at the bottom of cup fits fine but there is just not enough breast tissue to fill the top iykwim. So do I go down to. C or B cup confused

SorrelForbes Fri 07-Dec-12 16:31:50

Possibly a 28C but it depends what style the bra is. I get gaping at the top of the cup in all plunge styles so I stick to balconettes.

SteppingOnLego Fri 07-Dec-12 16:43:36

Just back for an update. I got fitted at Bravissimo and oh my goodness! I seem to have gone from a 36B to a 32E/30F depending on the style. Feels and looks so much better.

Thank you for the advice thanks

procrastinor Fri 07-Dec-12 16:48:22

Hooray! From 34A (badly) to 30C/D!

I'm ridiculously thrilled by this ( and spent waaaay too much on new underwear)

SorrelForbes Fri 07-Dec-12 16:49:14

You're very welcome indeed. Good to hear that you had a successful shopping trip!

SorrelForbes Fri 07-Dec-12 16:50:25

procrastinator Be warned, it's addictive!

<off to spend my Groupon voucher for Miss Mandalay>

Sorrell It is incredibly hard to find a 28C so would I just to to a 30A or B?

SorrelForbes Sat 08-Dec-12 11:33:25

No not really as its the 28 bit that's key. If a 28 back is correct for you then a 30 just isn't going to give you the correct fit and support. I'd suggest trying a 28D in different styles / brands.

MrsDetermined - a rare recommendation but M&S have a few 28c and the Limited Collection ones have been tried by a few ladies on this thread with success I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now