Why do some moisturisers 'peel' off when I put on my make up?

(11 Posts)
chipmunksex Mon 09-Apr-12 21:06:29

When I try and put concealer or foundation on it seems to roll like those scrubs that you rub on your feet. What's that all about? confused

Is it something in the cream that rubs off? Or is it my skin? shock

SingingSands Mon 09-Apr-12 21:07:55

Sounds like you haven't given it enough time soak into your skin.

SingingSands Mon 09-Apr-12 21:08:13

to soak into

SleeepyHead Mon 09-Apr-12 21:12:57

No its because its either a mattifying moisturiser or it contains salycic acid. I have creams like this and they make bits of rolled up stuff all over your face. What cream are you using op?

chipmunksex Mon 09-Apr-12 21:21:53

It's natural high day cream from superdrug, my skin is very dry and sensitive and my budget very limited. It seemed like a good option as it has a suncreen and it does not irritate my skin.

But this peely thing is so off putting, I do leave it to soak in while I do my hair and clean my teeth.

cocobongo Mon 09-Apr-12 22:33:54

try using a primer before putting on your foundation. and maybe wear tinted moisturiser rather than foundation.

MissFoodie Mon 09-Apr-12 23:09:22

it's just that cream, it's happened to me with some products and not others (using same make up)

AbiOllieDex Wed 23-Nov-16 12:43:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

banivani Wed 23-Nov-16 13:11:54

One is prob water based and the other silicone based, so they don't "mesh" and thus there's pilling. Can't find a good informational link for you atm, maybe someone else can fill in.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 23-Nov-16 13:14:55

It IS silicone. But it's also a zombie thread!

banivani Wed 23-Nov-16 13:30:51

HA didn't i just FALL for it! Was wondering why so many foundation threads, just copped on that it's because of that spammer posting on everything and bumping it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now