OK so how great REALLY is the Babyliss Big Hair? And do I get one?

(47 Posts)
SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 13-Sep-11 19:33:38

Do I really NEED a Babyliss Big Hair? I've heard a lot of people say it's the dog's bollocks but is it? Really? And is it better for short hair or long hair? And why?

Please be gentle, I'm a Style&Beauty virgin....

Amethyst24 Thu 13-Feb-14 21:07:12

I have fine hair, but quite a lot of it, in a jaw-length bob, and I love my BBH. So much easier than a dryer and round brush.

MelanieST Thu 13-Feb-14 20:57:37

I personally prefer the karmin g3 salon pro blow dryer so much more, it's fast and removes all the frizz!

LucyApr1985 Tue 28-Jan-14 15:24:28

They have a new model out now. I'm not sure what the difference is though. I did find a review that mentioned it and included a video and comparison chart between the 2 sizes.

Actually it was quite a helpful read smile. I think the review is here

ginmakesitallok Thu 27-Dec-12 10:28:17

This thread is over a year old?

Allieverwanted Thu 27-Dec-12 10:23:17

I am a big fan of the big hair. No frizz, no split ends and no need for hair straighteners. My hair has been able to grow much longer than since I was a child. And the gap between hairdressers visits is much longer.

I use a tiny bit of Kerastase Elixir on the ends. I always blow dry to about 80% first but no need to style at this pint, just getting rid of the moisture. Then if I have the time I separate and dry small sections, but if I am in a hurry I just take handfuls and let the brush smooth it down. I constantly get compliments about my hair now.

I can't see how it would work on short hair but a bob, or medium or long hair is great. A friend with frizzy hair uses one, another has very curly hair and it looks really smooth Witt he big hair. I also use it on day two when I can't be bothered to wash my hair and it just needs a quick make over. Just pick up the frizzy bits and restyle - it doesn't even need to be damp.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Fri 16-Sep-11 17:32:01

It is the best thing bar none that I've (well DH) have ever bought. I have thick, wavy, coarse hair and it makes it shiny, smooth and manageable.

The trick is to blast your hair with a hairdryer until about 80% dry, then section it off and do a bit at a time. I've also discovered the trick of putting a teeny bit of moisturiser on my hair before blasting it, which works just as well as serum.

I heart BBH

CointreauVersial Fri 16-Sep-11 17:26:36

I love mine, and use it all the time. It gives your hair body, but with that lovely shiny blow-dry look. My hair is shoulder-length, layered and fairly fine.

Top tip is to do small sections at a time, and to use the cooler heat setting - on the hottest setting the damned thing spins so fast I get tangled up.

daenerysstormborn Fri 16-Sep-11 14:36:08

sorry 'my mum', not my 'um blush

daenerysstormborn Fri 16-Sep-11 14:35:39

my ,um has one and i used it when we visited, i really liked it, easy to use, made hair look nice (hair is in a bob)

VelvetSnow Fri 16-Sep-11 14:18:57

SayCool

I have just bought one and now I'm sporting a lovely shoulder length straight do with fringe! I love my new hairstyle, all thanks to BBH and a little help from ghd smile

It must be good if it tames my curls.

scottishmummy Fri 16-Sep-11 14:11:00

overrated - dont buy all hype
no big deal whatsoever

I think the name is misleading. My hair is fine and I normally blow dry it upside down with volumising spray to get some body.
The Big Hair makes my hair lovely and shiny and gives a sort of professional blow dry finish but it does not make it BIG at all sad
I've gone back to the normal dryer.

AitchTwoOh Thu 15-Sep-11 12:41:29

i use NOTHING. i have fine hair, and it has been a revelation to me recently to stop using thickening (ie flattening) crap and just use the big hair. muuuuuch better.

ShowMeTheMonet Thu 15-Sep-11 11:24:04

YY moroccan oil on wet hair then I leave it to part-dry whilst I put my face on, a quick blast with the hairdryer than BBH - voilá!

rubyrubyruby Thu 15-Sep-11 11:12:06

My hair is frizzy but definitely not fine though.

rubyrubyruby Thu 15-Sep-11 11:09:15

I always use moroccan oil on wet hair.

Then I use Tresemme Heat Defense 'smooth" before drying - Black bottle with purple label.

idlevice Thu 15-Sep-11 11:07:00

What styling products would be good to use with it? esp for fine frizzy hair.

rubyrubyruby Thu 15-Sep-11 10:58:48

Just used mine as I am going out tonight <<excited>>

I love it.

AngryFeet Thu 15-Sep-11 10:57:36

I don't like mine. It works great when I use it on someone else but when I do my own hair it is fine on the section I am working on but it keeps catching other bits of hair which then get twisted at the front of the brush and end up in a big tangle. I have shoulder length, thick hair.

heebeejeebees Thu 15-Sep-11 10:55:35

I've had mine for about six months now. Was growing a bob out and it is now shoulder length and it has been perfect all the way through. My hair is extremely thick and frizzy and it gives a really professional looking blow-dry. To get some body first rough dry your hair with the dryer upside down and then when nearly dry use BBH.

AitchTwoOh Wed 14-Sep-11 10:40:59

get one. my hair is fine at the front and gets thicker towards the back (grrr, other way round pliz, hair gods). it's in a bob-ish, at the mo and the big hair is the only thing that makes the front of my head match the back, iykwim?

let's just say that i broke mine last week (stood on it) and i bought another off amazon that very day...

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 14-Sep-11 10:29:47

Hmmm.... confused

What to do?! My hair's quite fine and in a bob. I basically want something that's going to give it some style and body without turning into a mushroom head...

AitchTwoOh Wed 14-Sep-11 10:24:07

i worship at the altar of Big Hair. it's a miracle-worker.

LaBag Wed 14-Sep-11 08:47:14

I have very fine shoulder length hair and I don't know what I'd do without my Babyliss now.

ComradeJing Wed 14-Sep-11 08:43:46

I bought mine recently. It is absolutely fantastic and as someone very, very lazy it is a godsend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now