Be Honest...Am I Too Old?

(108 Posts)
LeQueen Mon 04-Apr-11 20:40:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dexter73 Mon 04-Apr-11 20:42:49

No your hair is lovely and really suits you! Tbh there soesn't look like there is 10 between you and the others - you all look a similar age.

cornsilkily Mon 04-Apr-11 20:43:39

You look gorge envy

blondebutonlyfaking Mon 04-Apr-11 20:45:11

You look gorgeous and your hair is lovely and I'm 41 and jealous

ChocChipWine Mon 04-Apr-11 20:45:29

I agree with dex and your hair is not that long anyway. Your house is gorgeous by the way!

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Mon 04-Apr-11 20:46:27

No, suits you. Don't cut it.

Gorgeous house BTW!

missorinoco Mon 04-Apr-11 20:47:46

Honestly, and I am too sleep deprived to be blunt, no.
You look great. I probably wouldn't go for longer hair as you have a small face and your features may be lost. Maybe that's what your friends mean by shorter hair suiting you better - that you look even better? I had to go back and look again when you said 10 years between you and the other girls, doesn't look it. Not trying to be a sycophant btw.

Put up a shorter hair photo and we could rate.

MaryPoppoff Mon 04-Apr-11 20:48:32

I think you look great and you certainly don't look 10 years older than the other two. I think long hair can look youthful as long as it's in good condition and the colour suits your skin tone which yours does IMO. (your house is beautiful BTW!)

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 04-Apr-11 20:49:15

You look good and suit long hair and 41 is young!

LeQueen Mon 04-Apr-11 20:51:11

tethersend Mon 04-Apr-11 20:52:40

If you like your long hair, keep it, you can carry it off.

However, if you want to cut it- and this, if I'm honest, is my preferred option, then I think something like an edie sedgwick cut would suit you.

Or, you could please everyone and get both. Business at the front, party at the back. Oh yes.

MillsAndDoom Mon 04-Apr-11 20:52:43

If you had been the one on the left in red top then I would have said she should have it cut to your length but I think yours looks fine.

And so pleased to see the pic of the infamous kitchen stairs

LeQueen Mon 04-Apr-11 20:52:46

Honest?

I don't think you look 10 years older than your friends, I do think the girl in the pink dress needs her split ends cut off and I do think you need an outfit re-think. Your hair looks fine but I think you would look better if you lopped maybe 2 inches off the length and grew out the front bit a bit.

ohh yes x-post but I think tethersend has something with the Edie Sedgewick cut.

surelynotnormal Mon 04-Apr-11 20:54:01

It's not long it's shoulder length. It's perfect, don't chop it.

By long I thought you meant rapunzelesque all down your back.

surelynotnormal Mon 04-Apr-11 20:55:44

P.S, which on is MrLeQ? Is he the one in blue?

FABsBackAndIsWell Mon 04-Apr-11 20:56:11

I saw a photo of you with short hair and you look completely different in the long haired one. You look younger with the longer hair. I am a couple of years younger than you and also have long hair but not as long as yours. I see this as my last chance for long hair before I get too old but I will see how I feel when I feel differently hmmconfusedgrin.

BlooferLady Mon 04-Apr-11 20:57:58

Before I click on the link I'll admit my first instinct was that you're a good decade too old for long hair - I've just lopped mine off at 31 and regret it grin

noddyholder Mon 04-Apr-11 21:00:02

I am 45 and still have long hair it's a different type of long hair but still long. It depends on your skin and over all look I think. I don.t suit short at all. It's not age it's style.

BlooferLady Mon 04-Apr-11 21:00:14

What? That's not long! I thought we were talking Sunday School teacher type locks! It's very nice. Keep it trimmed and thick and bouncy and you can have that for another few years no worries

jenster1976 Mon 04-Apr-11 21:01:26

G

Skinit Mon 04-Apr-11 21:02:11

NO way should you cut it off....its far from ageing. Now mine....I'm 38 and have thick dark hair and its past my shoulders....I have more reason to be afraid I think!

Skinit Mon 04-Apr-11 21:02:58

Oh and your home is lovely. envy

JustLikeHeaven Mon 04-Apr-11 21:05:08

You look beautiful, and your hair is fab... AND... you dont look ten years older than the other ladies. In fact I think you look better than the lady with too much on show. sorry if thats mean...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now