Mother of the child - christening outfits...

(13 Posts)
Teaddict Sun 13-Feb-11 20:53:35

Help, getting DD 2 christened next weekend and I really want to look nice and for once in my life not wear jeans!

Anyone seen any nice dresses or can recommend any shops for cool dresses that won't make me look like I've been playing in my daughter's dressing up box?! I haven't been shopping for sooo long, am really out of touch!
Thanks!
x

Eskymew Sun 13-Feb-11 21:35:29

I need help too, but am breastfeeding so access is important. Any suggestions.

Sanesometimes1 Sun 13-Feb-11 23:13:31

what is your budget and what sort of shape are you ? hair colour etc ?

planestrainsautomobiles Mon 14-Feb-11 14:17:42

Hello - how about...

Hobbs online sale (lots of appropriate type dresses)

Coast normally have a good selection

I like this dress from Mint Velvet. They also have lots of jersey type dresses that are easier to wear.

Not sure what size you are but Kew have got dresses in their sale, option http://www.kew-online.com/fcp/product/womens-cloth ing/dresses/Bead-Front-Silk-Trim-Dress/99902040 here

Is this the type of thing you want - what height / size are you and what is your budget?

HTH

planestrainsautomobiles Mon 14-Feb-11 14:18:34

Here is the correct Kew link

CarolinaRua Mon 14-Feb-11 15:22:13

Am terrible at linking but what about this Topshop one
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/P roductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&langId=-1& storeId=12556&catalogId=33057&parent_category_rn=& categoryId=208523&productId=2161836

Or any one of the deep V Whistles dresses - v. complimentary to the post childbirth figure I found

http://www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/categorylist/dept/sh op?resetFilters=true#ID=dept_dresses

Teaddict Mon 14-Feb-11 20:41:09

planestrainsautomobiles you are a STAR! I hadn't thought of Hobbs or Kew and have straight away seen 2 dresses on Hobbs that I LOVE and are in the sale in my size so massive thank you! Also love the Mint Velvet one - never heard of Mint Velvet, lovely stuff - are you a fashonista by any chance?

Carolina - I hadn't thought of Whistles either, theirs are a little pricier though.

Christening sorted, thanks guys.

Eskymew - what about a skirt and top and long cardi for breasfeeding cover up? I had a similar problem at a wedding and dresses are just impossible unless you get a really loose wrap one and get them out of your neckline...not attractive!

Teaddict Mon 14-Feb-11 20:44:32

Just bought this one from Hobbs

Cardi or jacket? It's next month so will still be chilly...

You've given me some great ideas! I'm going to 3 weddings and a christening, plus DS's christening, so really need to get some more outfits!

I never thought of topshop or whistles!

planestrainsautomobiles Mon 14-Feb-11 21:12:36

Yay - really pleased you found something that you love Teaddict. grin I thought of Hobbs straight away as I got my dress from there last summer for DS2 christening. Your link goes to a page full of dresses - which one did you get? Maybe its easier to tell us the name.

Maybe you will get more wear from a cardi rather than a jacket? Plus if you're having a party afterwards you'll feel a little more relaxed in a cardi rather than a jacket, especially if you're running around sorting children, food, drinks, etc, etc.

Teaddict Mon 14-Feb-11 21:19:19

Page 2 of the Outlet occasion dresses, L.E. Bouquet dress. Am hoping it comes with the belt to give it shape but I could always get a cheap one somewhere if it doesn't.

Yes, was thinking long cardi in maybe the mustard or pinky red of the design.

planestrainsautomobiles Mon 14-Feb-11 21:23:28

Gorgeous !!! Not sure if it will come with the belt but fingers crossed, if not, as you say, you can easily pick up a skinny belt from any high-street shop. Hope you have a special day smile

Teaddict Mon 14-Feb-11 21:43:15

Thanks pta, we will now! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now