Has anyone used Forever Living Aloe Vera products?

(58 Posts)
kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 18:45:42

My friend is selling them, Ive never heard of them but the sample of the body lotion has been amazing for my dry skin. Its quite pricey though and I cant find it in the shops.

https://www.foreverliving.com/marketing/Category.d o?name=BodyMK

I just wondered if anyone had tried them.

Needasilverlining Sat 30-Aug-14 09:50:51

Funny you should say, Stealth - I picked two names at random from the fans and searched. One exclusively on the product test threads, one Welcome to Mumsnet job. Obviously this could all still be totally coincidental and legit, but it doesn't do much to inspire my faith.

I do always wonder, if the stuff's that amazing why are people not fighting to pour money into the tills at, say, Boots for it? And no, I don't buy the rather garbled explanation I was once given about Boots just not wanting an excellent product that works for some reason...

Apart from 70 of course smile

Was just wondering that silver
If each member had a "previous posts" number by their name I suspect a lot of posters on this thread would be zeros!

Needasilverlining Sat 30-Aug-14 09:37:35

Jesus, do they have some kind of alert system to converge on a thread and spam it with sales crap?

It's like the Stepford Wives with added aloe vera.

I drink Aloe Vera juice ( Colitis) it is a bit chloriney but I add some cordial to damp it down.

pigleychez Fri 29-Aug-14 22:38:31

I have a friend (Not seen her in over a year though! met at a babyclub) that constantly messages me on FB asking me to join Forever living. Either that or asks if i'd found her any new clients! Like that's my job! Its getting abit annoying now though.

I know 3 people who are now reps.

On the Aloe, We were recently in Majorca and I picked up some 100% Aloe gel for DH's sun burnt shoulders. It did clear it up really quickly and I used some as an aftersun on my shoulders and it was very cooling and was great on my skin. I bought a big tub to bring home with me too.
Ive heard its meant to be good on stretchmarks too so have started using it on them too so will wait and see. To get more I would probably get the same stuff again imported rather than get sucked into a pyramid scheme.

Scrambledchocpancake Fri 29-Aug-14 22:06:21

I have just joined forever because I wanted to earn my own money. As a mother of two with a husband that is always away I needed to have my own money rather than getting money from my husband. I went with forever mainly because I had seen the products being used in my old job. They worked really well and this was a way I could do a part of my old job(which I loved). I have seen the training and I am being pushed to recruit team members. This I am really uncomfortable with especially with my friends. I am going to just concentrate on selling the product and having fun with no pressure. The products are good. Yes they are expensive but that is because they are such high quality, use local farmers and harvest by hand. They are investors in people and the support and training I have received in my first month is mind blowing. I am loving it right now. I just need to avoid my manager in my up line. ;)

nickjayuk Sun 27-Jul-14 23:37:55

Coconutty I thought the exact same as you over priced, infact that is partially the reason why I joined the business because some of the products I used I knew I would be using them for the rest of my life after they cleared up a lifelong skin condition in under a week. There are videos on youtube comparing the aloe gel with a acidic test and Forever Living doesn't boast the cheapest products, but it does boast the best top quality products in all areas. I could show you more information comparing some of the products which would give you a real "Aha" moment but here is a youtube link to one just comparing the gel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03n4AQ8V1g

Also Onesleeptillwembley you are right snake oil will not make your back better but with a 60 day guarantee I would recommend you try the Aloe Forever Freedom, includes MSM and Chondroitin, my grandmother is regular customer as she suffers with athritis and swears by it. officialforeverliving.co.uk/sasproduct/forever-freedom/

If there is no improvement with your back afterwards and you are not 100% happy they will refund you.

Coconutty Sun 27-Jul-14 22:52:54

I think it's way overpriced and I find all the reps I've ever met very scary.

I literally laughed when the last one showed me a bottle of juice and told me the price.

What was wrong with being an Avon lady?

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 27-Jul-14 22:51:20

I don't think drinking the snake oil can make a bad back better.

Marmiteandjamislush Sun 27-Jul-14 22:41:07

I like this Pure Aloe gel

nickjayuk Sun 27-Jul-14 22:00:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

justjuanmorebeer Sun 08-Jun-14 10:55:54

Do you know what the products are actually decent. My mum has been selling these for 20 odd years as a sideline of her business so we grew up with them at home (the toothpaste, handwash, suncreams etc) however she has never tried to recruit anyone or pushed the products like some people are doing now. I know a local woman who has started and she was hounding me on facebook, seemed pretty agressive and none of the 'science' adds up. I had to delete her in the end, was going to report her to forever living but cpuldn't be arsed. I is cultish and is sending people a bit barmy in my city. Awful.
I am shocked to hear there are added sweeteners in the drinks. That is not advertised!

MerdeAlor Fri 06-Jun-14 20:40:23

Learning about Aloe benefits is fascinating but it does feel like the forever living band are onto us and will attempt to sell even on here.

vee1234 Fri 06-Jun-14 19:31:43

They wouldn't still be trading if it was pyramid selling. They have an investors in people gold and champion award as well as satisfying the direct selling agency. It doesn't matter how big your team is if you don't do any work yourself the company won't pay you any bonus. Equally everyone earns the same profit margin on the products and there is no reason why any member of your team cannot move higher than you in the company and therefore earn a bigger monthly bonus. Just depends on the effort you are willing to put in.

HermioneWeasley Sun 04-May-14 19:50:49

I know someone who started selling this a year ago. She does come over like she's joined a cult. She's on about "the secret" FFS. And agree, with so many people to pay in the PYRAMID then the margins must be huge.

hogs123 Sun 04-May-14 19:48:39

I have used forever aloe products for my psoriasis. I tried everything and nothing really worked. I have not used a steroid in 2 years now and was so impressed with the products and results I joined the business. I have many customers with astonishing results.

Eliza22 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:21:26

Have used these products as ex-DH used to rep them. I wasn't that impressed except for my son who can't use any bog standard sun creams. For years we used their's as it was the only one that didn't bring him out in a rash.

Expensive stuff, I think.

sleepdodger Sun 20-Apr-14 21:26:40

Because the more reps in re team the bigger the commission and cut if their sales without doing any work
This so why the product is expensive- they have lot if commissions to pay!
I have several friends doing it- they all sound v cultish and incapable of a normal conversation any longer hmm

Elizabeth22 Sun 20-Apr-14 16:59:06

Why then do the reps you meet in real life don't actually bother selling the stuff on their stalls but focus on recruiting people so much then? They seem much more interested in signing people up so they must be getting some sort of money incentive presumably?

strawberryfayre5 Sun 20-Apr-14 13:22:00

I regularly use Aloe Vera and have used it for my dog for over 10 years. I burnt my hand badly which would not heal and after a year or more of pain finally I tried Aloe Vera and my hand healed. I have also used it for my border collie who had ear trouble and was facing an operation but with my vet's approval I tried Aloe Vera and have never looked back. He is now 14 and rarely has a problem if ever. The cost of a monthly bottle of Aloe Gera Gel has saved me a £1000 vet bill. I buy the Forever Living product as it is thicker than the products bought in shops but whatever you choose to buy it is an amazing product and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Twinklestein Tue 01-Apr-14 18:49:03

Forever Living put sorbitol and fructose in their juice which I find bizarre for a health product.

I use Biovea organic aloe vera link

loumay6 Tue 01-Apr-14 18:04:01

I just wanted to clarify for anyone else reading this post, Forever is NOT pyramid selling!! That is illegal in this country and Forever is not doing that. The company gives you a bonus for supporting members of your team, it doesn't take money off the people below you to re-distribute to you!

I am a distributor, and the potential is there if you put the time, the energy and the hard work into building a business.

It's not for everyone but the low risk and potential high £ return was what got me involved. And I'm loving it! smile

sleepdodger Thu 06-Mar-14 23:54:18

I use the toothpaste
I'm still waiting for white teeth...

bonvivant Thu 06-Mar-14 22:05:14

I've tried the products. I thought the lip balm was the best I have ever tried but most of the other products were mediocre. However, I fundamentally disagree with the sales/marketing tactics so will never purchase their products.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now