Has anyone used Forever Living Aloe Vera products?

(62 Posts)
kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 18:45:42

My friend is selling them, Ive never heard of them but the sample of the body lotion has been amazing for my dry skin. Its quite pricey though and I cant find it in the shops.

https://www.foreverliving.com/marketing/Category.d o?name=BodyMK

I just wondered if anyone had tried them.

nickjayuk Sun 27-Jul-14 23:37:55

Coconutty I thought the exact same as you over priced, infact that is partially the reason why I joined the business because some of the products I used I knew I would be using them for the rest of my life after they cleared up a lifelong skin condition in under a week. There are videos on youtube comparing the aloe gel with a acidic test and Forever Living doesn't boast the cheapest products, but it does boast the best top quality products in all areas. I could show you more information comparing some of the products which would give you a real "Aha" moment but here is a youtube link to one just comparing the gel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03n4AQ8V1g

Also Onesleeptillwembley you are right snake oil will not make your back better but with a 60 day guarantee I would recommend you try the Aloe Forever Freedom, includes MSM and Chondroitin, my grandmother is regular customer as she suffers with athritis and swears by it. officialforeverliving.co.uk/sasproduct/forever-freedom/

If there is no improvement with your back afterwards and you are not 100% happy they will refund you.

Scrambledchocpancake Fri 29-Aug-14 22:06:21

I have just joined forever because I wanted to earn my own money. As a mother of two with a husband that is always away I needed to have my own money rather than getting money from my husband. I went with forever mainly because I had seen the products being used in my old job. They worked really well and this was a way I could do a part of my old job(which I loved). I have seen the training and I am being pushed to recruit team members. This I am really uncomfortable with especially with my friends. I am going to just concentrate on selling the product and having fun with no pressure. The products are good. Yes they are expensive but that is because they are such high quality, use local farmers and harvest by hand. They are investors in people and the support and training I have received in my first month is mind blowing. I am loving it right now. I just need to avoid my manager in my up line. ;)

pigleychez Fri 29-Aug-14 22:38:31

I have a friend (Not seen her in over a year though! met at a babyclub) that constantly messages me on FB asking me to join Forever living. Either that or asks if i'd found her any new clients! Like that's my job! Its getting abit annoying now though.

I know 3 people who are now reps.

On the Aloe, We were recently in Majorca and I picked up some 100% Aloe gel for DH's sun burnt shoulders. It did clear it up really quickly and I used some as an aftersun on my shoulders and it was very cooling and was great on my skin. I bought a big tub to bring home with me too.
Ive heard its meant to be good on stretchmarks too so have started using it on them too so will wait and see. To get more I would probably get the same stuff again imported rather than get sucked into a pyramid scheme.

I drink Aloe Vera juice ( Colitis) it is a bit chloriney but I add some cordial to damp it down.

Needasilverlining Sat 30-Aug-14 09:37:35

Jesus, do they have some kind of alert system to converge on a thread and spam it with sales crap?

It's like the Stepford Wives with added aloe vera.

Was just wondering that silver
If each member had a "previous posts" number by their name I suspect a lot of posters on this thread would be zeros!

Apart from 70 of course smile

Needasilverlining Sat 30-Aug-14 09:50:51

Funny you should say, Stealth - I picked two names at random from the fans and searched. One exclusively on the product test threads, one Welcome to Mumsnet job. Obviously this could all still be totally coincidental and legit, but it doesn't do much to inspire my faith.

I do always wonder, if the stuff's that amazing why are people not fighting to pour money into the tills at, say, Boots for it? And no, I don't buy the rather garbled explanation I was once given about Boots just not wanting an excellent product that works for some reason...

MoCox Tue 25-Nov-14 16:31:13

Hi there I'm a Forever Living Distributor and just wanted to say you should report your friend - it's supposed to be a business of recommendation - I have NEVER harassed my friends if someone says no that's that for me - we have a successful business because we follow what the company requests

For neeasilverlining forever products are not in boots etc because the company does not WANT to be in boots forever was set up in 1978 by Rex Maughan in Texas USA and is a leader both in aloe products and in MLM - they want to market by recommendation because it helps people. The whole point is marketing this way is that the product is not compromised and people recieve a personal service -the company also offers a 60-day money back gaurantee which means that clearly the product works or the company would have gone busy by now and it has always been cash rich and debt free

At sleep dodger I can assure you even people high up in forever have to work for their money it is a fair and ethical plan.

I really advise people to do their research and make educated comments before slagging companies off! Forever is about helping people to succeed not conning people!

I'm quite happy with my customer base and my team so I've absolutely no desire to recruit you or advertise products to you but I have full confidence in forevers marketing and products and really don't like lies so please don't comment on things you clearly haven't researched.

I'm sorry if you know reps that have misrepresented the company. They should be reported as harassment and pushiness are not advocated in forever

teawamutu Wed 26-Nov-14 07:05:45

MoCox, you mentioned research - could you link to some so I can find out more about the benefits, please? I know there must be proper scientific papers out there, not just those YouTube promos.

SweetieXPie Sun 30-Nov-14 09:35:47

First of all I would like to state I don't sell these products I am a customer.

I use the face and body wash for my children, I initially purchased it for my middle child as she suffers from severe sensitive skin (she was allergy tested)
She went from a child who came out in a rash no matter what I used, even prescribed bath oils etc. I was introduced to Forever Living products by another mum at my child's nursery and absolutely love it. She no longer suffers with rashs after the bath at all, no more crying in pain while I am gettin her dried.
I can assure you I normally don't buy into things like this but for us it worked.
I also but their Propolis Cream and tanning cream, I think if it works for you then it is a great product.

I agree with others, the sales reps I know are NOT pushy and do not try to indoctrinate me into coming to meetings, if you have encountered that problem, all I can suggest is complaining to their head office x

eviej Sun 14-Dec-14 14:37:11

I am part of FLP, if you like the products then just buy them but you should never feel pressured. Obviously your friend would like to work with you and grow her team but will also value your friendship enough to respect your choice if you don't wish to join up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now